1. (edited)

Mackenzie

I woke up pretty early just to prepare myself to leave the nest. I was being taken away from my home, and frankly i just didn't have time to wait around for mom's excuses. She thought it was time i go off and do something more productive with my life and that was sending me away to an all girls school.

She had taken it upon herself to sign me up and made the first two payments. During senior year if i were to stay that long, she wouldn't have to pay. So, all of my savings stay in my pocket. I had a bank account where my real father left it to me, and mom was never aware because he fell out of love with her and remarried. But i see him from time to time.

I would be moving to Capsville high; a boarding school for girls 15 and up. (Not a real school guys i think lol) I'm almost eighteen so i had the rest of my life ahead of me that i needed to live. I was forced to leave my friends, and childhood behind for a very long time and there was no telling when i would get back. I sure am gonna miss this place.

Packing my three suitcases, i made sure my clothes and my laptop and belongings were with me. Managing to save almost everything i made because of hearing my mom explaining i would be going off to school, it changed me. I felt like a grown woman just leaving my whole world behind only to enter a new one.

A car horn sounded outside and i looked out of my plain window to see a black BMW so my ride was here.

" Mackenzie get down here! The car is outside!" Mom yelled for me.

" Alright!"

Mom stops to help me bring down my luggage, and she hands me a bag that had snacks in it. This was the last time i'd see her until i graduated. My baby brother or sister wouldn't see me but who the hell was i kidding? She got pregnant by this rich guy and i didn't like him. Her baby bump was visible, and it broke my heart.

Well i was leaving and she wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. But, she claims to still love me. This wasn't love.

" Off you go." She kisses my head and brings my bags to the car where a woman greeted me with a nice smile; which i returned.

I took one last look before walking outside to greet the lady, and settle my things into the car. Sitting down, the lady shut the door after me before having a small conversation with my mom. And for some reason, i could not help but take one last look at the house i grew up in since mom had given birth to me. I was moving on. Maybe it was for the best.

" Be good. Trust me, you'll do a lot better there than here. I'll expect a phone call from you in a few days. I love you." Mom leans in the window to kiss me one more time. She backs up slowly as the engine was started.

" Yeah. I love you too Mommy." Taking one last look at her, i rolled up the window and pulled out my phone. We drove off, and i looked in the drivers mirror watching my house and birth mother disappear when the car accelerated down the hill. Only just an hour later the lady stopped the car and we were met with a private jet. It was dark out and i guess i had fallen asleep. I did not notice this airport but either way i knew i was far from home.

" Mrs. Johnson, your jet awaits."

" Thanks." I got out of the car and the lady helped me with my bags where a man stood with a complimentary lemonade.

" We hope you enjoy your flight to Capsville." He nods his head at me and hands the chilled liquid to me. The lady brings my bags on the plane and everything was just so different. If this was some way to keep me more comfortable well it was working. There was a TV, a fridge, and a bed with white cotton designer sheets and buttoned pillows. And right before my eyes i saw a table pilled with complimentary snacks, cakes, drinks, sodas, or anything else you'd think of.