The Curse of the Black Spot (pt 1)

Start from the beginning

"You are now," The other, unfortunately stronger pirate grinned disgustingly at me, his teeth chipped and yellowed. I was too busy shuddering to bite back.

"Rory, a little help?" Amy tried, struggling against pirates grabbing her also.

Rory was being restrained by a pirate also, and did the best he could. "Hey, listen, right. She's not a doxy."

Amy huffed. "I didn't mean just tell them off, but thanks anyway."

The pirate men forced us into a dark dingy room down below, and closed the door on top of us.

I looked around the room, which was sparsely illuminated by the outdoor moonlight, and opened a chest, which had swords in it.

I picked one up, feeling powerful, and raised my eyebrows at Amy. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking."

She grabbed a bigger sword, and a pirate's jacket and hat. "Oh, yeah."

888

When we made it back above the decks, the Doctor was still standing on the plank with no intention of jumping off, rambling at a million miles per hour, wasting time.

"Where are the rest of the crew? This is a big ship. Big for five of you. I suppose the rest of them are hiding some place." The Doctor held his nose, switching between different diving positions, as if to assure them that he was going to jump at some point. "And they're going to jump out and shout boo."

"Boo!" Amy shouted, sword in front of her, dressed in some other pirate gear, crouched in her version of a fighting stance.

"Drop the gun," I pointed my sword at Captain Avery.

Amy kicked the gun out of their reach, waving the sword around between everyone else. "The rest of you, on your knees."

"Nova, Amy, what are you doing?" The Doctor asked angrily, coming down from the plank.

"Saving your life! Unless you don't want me to," I responded with an equal amount of anger.

"Put down the sword. A sword could kill us all, girl," Captain Avery told me fearfully.

"Yep, thanks. That's actually why we're pointing them at you." Amy narrowed her eyes.

A pirate jumped out at Amy with a rope, and another came at me with a wooden stick. Amy fought back relentlessly, but I stumbled back-- knowing what would happen if I nicked them. Technically, they would be fine, but I would rather not.

While I tried stalling the pirate that was jousting me with a stick, Amy swung from a rope that hung loosely from a sail, knocking people out of the way, and cutting a man with her knife before landing on a barrel at the other end of the ship, right by the Doctor, who was being held by Captain Avery.

The man she cut stared down at his hand, tears in his eyes-- a strange sight to see on an intimidating pirate. "You have killed me."

"No way, it's just a cut." Amy almost wanted to laugh, while a black spot washed over the pirate's hand. "What kind of rubbish pirates are you?"

"One drop, that's all it takes. One drop and she will rise out of the ocean!" Captain Avery warned, still holding the Doctor back as his hostage.

Amy chuckled in disbelief. "Come on, I barely even scratched him! What are you all in such a huff about?"

Another pirate furiously charged at Amy, and she swung at him on her rope again, throwing her sword back. Rory lunged forward, trying to catch the sword-- but failing. The sword cut his hand, and the black spot appeared.