Chapter 2 - Downton Abbey

[ORIGINAL CHAPTER]

Because it was what my mother and aunt wanted so I turned back to face the door before reaching to it and knocking on the door as hard as I could before stepping back and waiting until the door opened as it did I saw a butler standing in the door ...

Because it was what my mother and aunt wanted so I turned back to face the door before reaching to it and knocking on the door as hard as I could before stepping back and waiting until the door opened as it did I saw a butler standing in the door way and he looked at me confused, he looked me up and down before he spoke "Can I help you?" The butler asked in a grumpy tone, "I'm here to see Robert Crawley" I say stood straight and smiling back at him. Which made him look at me rather annoyed and there was a moment of silence before he spoke again I could tell he was biting his tongue "Lord "Lord Grantham isn't here at the moment can I take a message" the Butler says he wasn't going to pass on the message "I need to speak with him" I say sternly because I knew I had to get what I want.

He gave me a serious look before completely opening the door and moving to the side for me, so I went inside and marvelled at the house, which was much more gorgeous on the inside than it was on the exterior. "You can wait for him in the library," the butler stated as he glanced at me before pointing to a room in front of me. "Thankyou," I responded graciously to him even though he had been unpleasant to me the entire time before I began to go towards the library before stepping through the door and into the library.

Gazing around before travelling along the bookcase, touching each book and looking at each title since I had never seen so many books before. I began to look around the room more closely because everything looked so expensive and it made me wonder if I would belong here because it was so different from the world I grew up in. As I was wandering about, I heard footsteps behind me and came to a halt. "How may I help you?" a guy's voice said as I turned around to see a man staring at me with a surprised expression on his face. "Clarissa," the man exclaimed, surprised.

Clarissa was my mother, but my aunt had always told me that I looked just like her, and as a child, I would frequently confuse photos of my mother with photos of myself. "Clarissa was my mother," I said as I came closer to him, "and I'm her daughter Elizabeth," I said, which caused his mouth to drop. "How old are you?" he asked, and I could tell he was starting to wonder if I was his daughter. "16," I replied before he looked away and turned back to me with a face as white as a ghost, as if someone had walked over his grave. "I'm your daughter," I remarked, prompting an angry response from him. "It's not possible," he added angrily.

"My mother worked as a servant here, and you had an affair with her, but she fled when she found out she was pregnant with me," I yelled. There was a brief pause before I reached beneath my T-shirt and pulled out a locket, which he examined. He had given it to my mother as a parting present, and when he realised what it was, he sat down in amazement on one of the couches, prompting me to take the other couch. "Are you my father?" I questioned, knowing he was but wanting him to accept it. "I suppose so, yeah," he responded as he massaged my cheek with his palm, a sorry expression on his face. "You gave this locket to my mother as a farewell gift" I said holding the locket in my hand.

"I don't blame you," I replied as he rose up and began walking over to a desk, but he kept on with his work and didn't respond to me, finally stopping and turning to face me "how much do you want," he muttered before turning away from me again, which enraged me, and I stood up "what?" I inquired furiously, since he assumed I was just interested in his money or that he was attempting to pay me off to preserve his name by having a kid as a result of an affair. "I'm not interested in your money; all I want is a father," I snarled, "but plainly I'm not good enough to be your daughter." I said snapping at him before running out of the library before I ran past the butler and out of the house.

I looked at the home before throwing my bag over my shoulder and rushing down the path and back through the gate, wounded because he hadn't just rejected me but tried to pay me off. I took a glance at the house before slinging my bag over my shoulder and racing down the path and back through the gate. I simply kept sprinting as long as I could until I ran out of breath, at which point I paused to regain my breath before sliding into an alleyway. I had gotten as far away from the home as I could because I was hurting, and I roamed about for a long before it got dark, not knowing what I was going to do because I had nowhere to go.

Because my aunt had died and my father had forsaken me, I sought out a quiet alleyway and sat down in a corner. It had been raining, so the floor was damp, and raindrops struck my face every few seconds, prompting me to raise my eyes to the sky for a brief while. But, as I was about to retire for the night, I noticed a man stumbling down the alley with a bottle of alcohol in his hand; I could hear his footsteps, so I immediately gathered my belongings and stood up; but, as I was about to rush by him, he grabbed my jacket and shoved me against the wall.

"Where do you think you're going" the man asked rather angrily because I had tried to sneak past him. "Let me go" I shouted as loud as I could hoping someone could hear me before I tried to fight him off "Let me go" I shouted again hoping he might just let go of me but he didn't instead he grabbed me before shoving me to the ground and jumping on top of me.
End Of Chapter 2