Chapter Eleven.

It didn't take them long to get to the flower shop. When they arrived to the quaint little building, sitting at the end of the street as small as it was squat, Winter watched a smile light up on Kristopher's face. She knew that if there was thing he loved, it was flowers. The man obsessed over any type of flower and plant there was. He liked to garden, press flowers, look at flowers, and smell flowers. Basically anything you could do with flowers, he was down for.

The shop was painted a bright periwinkle pink, lined from roof to ground with flowers. There were two windows in the front of the shop, and an oak door painted a dark purple. On the door was a hand painted flower, and a child-like drawn sun looming over it. This shop was also one other favorite spots to go in her small town. The options were limited, but what few they did have, he found that she enjoyed them.

They entered the store. A bell chimed over them, announcing their arrival. The inside was painted a nice lemon yellow, with cotton candy pink shelves lining the walls, which were filled with flowers of every color imaginable. The smell of fresh roses wiggled through her nostrils, along with the scent of cookies. None of which were unpleasant in the least to her.

Kristopher patted her shoulder once before walking ahead of her to explore the shop on his own. She lingered in the doorway for a moment more before proceeding to look around as well, taking her time to smell whatever flowers passed her by, and  to pause every so often to run her fingers across the delicate petals. 

"Yoo-hoo!"

Winter turned and found a woman standing behind her. She had a wiry frame, standing at least five foot nine. Her hair was the color of oak, her eyes the color of freshly cut grass. She was wearing an apron spotted with dirt, and purple clogs the matched. 

"Did you need help finding anything?" she asked sweetly. "I have hoards of flowers here. I'm sure you'll be able to find something you'll like."

Winter shook her head. "Oh, Uh, i don't need help finding anything. I'm just looking around with a friend of mine."

The woman looked over at Kristopher and her eyes lit up. " Is that him?" 

her eyes raked over his body, taking in his yellow hair and tall, lean figure. A feeling erupted inside of Winter that she hadn't known had been stirring. She didn't like the way she was looking at him. 

"Can he be my friend, too?" she purred. But then, upon seeing Winters astonished face, burst into laughter. She clutched her belly and snickered violently. 

"Kidding! I'm kidding!"

"Uhm..."

The woman stuck her hand out and wiggled her fingers proudly. Sitting, quite visibly, on her ring finger was a diamond the size of a rock. It sparkled in the warm lights of the flower shop. A ring that big on someones finger seemed impossible. 

"I'm engaged," she said proudly. " My soon to be brought me this shop because  love flowers so much. The woman he brought it off of was planning on closing it down. Isn't he just the sweetest?" she cooed. 

"Uhm..."

Oh great, Winter. Now this woman will think you have some kind of speech impediment. Say something more than 'uhm', will you? 

"its a very lovely ring," she finally managed to say. 

Way to go, genius. 

"Thanks!"

Just then, Kristopher decided to make a reappearance, a fresh set of white lilies bunched up in his big hands. He looked at Winter with an earnest expression on his face. Her heart jumped as she looked at the flowers, at his face, at his trembling hands. Were those for her? Did he come to buy her flowers?

He smiled nervously. "Do you think... do you think Stacey would like these?"

Her mood plummeted. 

"What?"

He held the flowers higher s she could get a good view of them. "Stacey. For our date. Do you think she would like these flowers?"

"You want to give her flowers?"

"Well...yes? No? I don't know. It just seems like the right thing to do."

"How?"

"Well... its a date. What kind of man would i be if i didn't give her flowers?"

Winter internally sighed. Sometimes, she thought Kristopher was too good for this wold and the people in it. Did Stacey deserve flowers? No. Was he going to give them to her anyways because he was the perfect gentleman? Yes. What a shame. 

She forced herself to smile. "Get them. Whatever gets us out of here the fastest."

Choosing that moment to speak up, the girl with the rock on her finger cleared her throat. "I can check you out when you're ready." 

Kristopher nodded once and thanked her. They headed over to the counter so he could pay for the flowers. Not wanting to be inside any more, Winter wordlessly made her way to the door and exited the shop, the little bell jingling over top the doorway as she made her exit.