Chapter Seven.

-Christianophobia: fear of Christians.

WINTER STOOD stunned by Alek's words. There was a soft buzzing sound in her ears, like bees were whizzing lazily back and fourth near her earlobes. It sounded as if it was mocking her, taunting her in some way by saying: Alek, go out with you? That is un-beeeeelievable!

Yes, bees. Guess who is very much aware.

She felt the hesitance thick in the air. She was taking too long to respond, she knew that. Staying mute wasn't going to help anything- but she couldn't get her mouth to form words. Her mind was going into overdrive, trying to formulate the perfect answer to this seemingly impossible equation.

She made a move to speak- this is it. The big moment of would she, or would she not. The question still dangled in her mind on what she would do. Was it really supposed to be a debate though? On one hand, this was Alek Grayson. Total ball of hot, long haired, black eyed, bad boy boyishness that made any girl weak in the knees and shiver like they were bowls of jelly.

But on the other hand, it was Alek Grayson. Too cool, too popular, too bad, too... everything. Winter knew that she wasn't a sight for sore eyes, but she also knew that she sure as heck wasn't what Alek normally chased after. He liked incredibly robust women. Women who had legs for days and boobs big enough to have an estate built on them. Women who lived exciting lives, or had perfect hair, or downed liquor like they down Voss water. And none of those things were really... Her. Her hair was always just presentable at best. Her boobs were a decent size, perky and full, but she certainly wouldn't be trying on any Double D's any time soon, and she was short. Painfully, noticeable, overwhelmingly short. Only standing at five foot two, she knew that her legs weren't nearly two tall glasses of water. Hell, she wasn't near being a tall glass of water.

Her tongue was stuck to the root of her mouth. It felt like sandpaper, dry and scratchy and highly uncomfortable. This was not going to be easy.

Alek's face tensed up. She'd been silent too long, and now he could feel her uncertainty start to fester around him. He scratched the back of his head, his eyes taking on a nervous gleam.

"Or it could not be something casual as a movie date, if that's not your thing. We could go to dinner?"

She found her voice to speak. "Uhm- no, that's not it. Its just... Weird."

"Weird? Weird how?"

She stared at him. He wouldn't think that him just asking her out of the blue was normal, could he? How many girl could he have done this with for him to think that this was at all normal?

"You don't find it, I don't know, odd that you just randomly asked me out? You don't know me, I don't know you, and we've never held a conversation before today. Yet you thought to ask me out?"

"Well, yeah."

"Uh-Uh. Try that answer again."

He scratched the back of his head again. "Why is it so hard to believe?"

"Because, for one, I'm not really your type. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I'm not exactly in the same playing field as to what you normally prefer."

"So? Maybe I'm trying something new. The girls I go after are too easy. And I mean that in the sense of getting them, and getting with them. There's no sport in it anymore."

Winter scoffed. "Sport? Is that how you view women? Like some kind of animal that you can catch and then release? Like a fish?"

"I wouldn't exactly put it that way. I don't really like fish."