6

It passed over a year since Ora left Soul Society and watched over Karakura town. It was quite the city, she had loads of fun exploring the places. That town also had a peculiar amount of people with a high rate of spiritual pressure, in fact, there were many people who could see ghosts and spirits compared to other cities.

Ora had befriended some spirits hanging around, spirits that were still reluctant in parting to Soul Society. She always told them that they should pass over, but they say that their time is not over. Some of them desperately wanted to set free from the world of Living and came to her for that purpose. She gladly passed them over, after all, it's her job.

Recently, she had been killing more Hollows. It was a strange amount of those masked beasts to appear so numbered in one single city, perhaps they were attracted to the spiritual pressure of the citizens and spirits floating around. But every single one was taken down by Ora, she was the guardian of this city after all.

She didn't receive any letters from Byakuya in the meantime she was there. Only some officers and her grandfather would contact her from time to time. She felt great, the pain is her heart had slowly faded, even though that some days she cries over the fact that Byakuya had destroyed her most treasured gift from her mother.

Shaking her head to push away the lingering sadness, Ora made her way through the city to watch over spirits. One of them was a little girl who died days ago near a quiet neighborhood. She didn't want to pass over because she had a friend who placed flowers for her every week. Ora couldn't do anything but be touched by her friend's actions. Even though the little girl was dead, she still had someone in the Living that cared for her.

When Ora arrived at the block that the little girl always plays around, she couldn't sense her presence. That was weird, she usually stood in this area at this time to talk with Ora. Feeling uneasy, Ora looked around to find her little reiatsu. Then, she spotted it, a couple of meters away from the main streets of the city, the little girl's spiritual pressure and an evil reiatsu.

"A Hollow" Ora said when she flash-stepped to the west.

There, a giant Hollow was destroying the buildings he passed through. The little girl was running away from it, but she stumbled over something and fell. Not to mention, there was a very high reiatsu around, Ora assumed that it was coming from the Hollow because it was impossible for humans to have that much of spiritual pressure.

In a flash, Ora took out her sword and sliced the Hollow in half. However, the high reiatsu didn't fade. She was certain that she had slain the Hollow, then why was the reiatsu still around?

Throughout the day, she kept following the reiatsu trace. It passed by the little girl's block, but she could only see a couple of humans walking by that area. She spotted an orange-haired boy placing the jar of flowers offered to the girl in its place, but Ora didn't pay attention to him, he was probably just picking it up because he was a good person.

However, the more the spiritual pressure followed the boy, the more she became suspicious. She followed him to his house and waited for the night to fall. She needed to know where that reiatsu came from.

As the night fell above the city of Karakura, she silently opened the window of the boy's room and entered. The reiatsu was higher in here than any other place in the city, she could feel another reiatsu in the floor below, but it wasn't as high as the one she was feeling inside that room.

"Perhaps it's just a ghost mocking me," She mumbled. "Perhaps it's Urahara pranking me with one of his inventions again." She sighed. "I'm going crazy."

Then her head was smacked.

She turned around in annoyance and saw the boy looking at her. The orange-haired boy had brown eyes and sharp facial features, he was good-looking too, thin body but strong.