Golden Gates.

The witch was back, all set on her broom, to rein in her office back to order she had left it a day before. The staff had relaxed a little too much. And now everyone was running around like their ass were on fire to complete their work because they knew that Nandini ma'am would definitely demand a complete record and update of the last two days work. No one was spared here.

Nandini went straight into her cabin. This office was her second home. She had build it since the birth of her twins. It was her achievement after being thrown out of the house by the murthys for being pregnant and not agreeing to abort her babies.

She still remembers the past. The time she had brought this office from Mr. Williams.

Nandini had finished her Bachelor's in Architecture, and was now pursuing a Masters in the same field along with an MBA. And she was doing this with a job, where she had been promoted to the post of Head Architect even though she only had a bachelors yet, her talent and sincerity towards her work had earned her this post.

Mr. Williams trusted her, trusted her with all the important documents and work. He knew that this girl had something in her.

Nandini couldn't sleep properly for the first several months, the one night still haunted her. Her been thrown out of the house and having no food for two days still stayed in her mind and she became depended on sleeping pills for a very long time. But gradually as time progressed, sleep came to her, but at times when she'd become nostalgic, the same thing would happen all over again, no sleep and only cry. The twin's arrival had calmed her down to A great extent, and her friends tried their best to keep her happy.

One day, at home when they were having their dinner Abhimanyu said,"We're all going to have to start looking for new jobs very soon."
"Why, what's wrong with Helmend Constructions?", asked Navya, confused at Abhimanyu's remark. This was all of a sudden that he said such a thing, of of a sudden out of no where on Earth.

"The company's going bankrupt guys. It's not known to anyone but the owners, trusty and myself." Abhimanyu was in charge of the company's entire financial management, accounts and shares related information. So it was obvious that he knew more than what others knew or had an idea about  "But Helmend's shares are touching a very very high mark right now!" spoke a shocked Nandini. Why would it go bankrupt if the shares are so high. Common man its London afterall.

"Na na.. That's just a facade that the owners are maintaining, hell of it they don't want their share holders to panic and sell their shares, because that would completely crash the company, leaving if with nothing but rags. Mr.William is himself paying to keep the value of our shares high. Poor him has no other option left with him. They have not been able to pay back bank's loan and the company's been facing heavy losses for the past five years. They are trying their best to make it out of this mess but I know that nothing can be done. It is over for Helmend constructions", he finished.

"I dont think that. It obviously won't be finished. Somebody will buy it when its share value falls and everybody wants to sell off their shares and get out of the mess, and then will run it as their own.", replied Navya. "What do you think it's value would be when everything comes out of the bag", queried Nandini. "Some, 3,000,000 dollars, that is some 14 to 15 crores in Indian currency. Pity, what used to be a multi billion dollar company, will be sold in 3 million dollars.", said Abhimanyu as he left the dining table sadly.

All night Nandini kept musing over the exchange that had commenced at dinner. She had an idea, but didn't know how practical it was.
Next day was a Sunday, and while everyone was having their breakfast while discussing the morning newspaper, Nandini blurted out what she had been contemplating all night.
"I want to buy Helmend Constructions."

"I know it's sudden and risky, but, why not?", She added, looking from one to another in apprehension.

Abhimanyu choked on his own coffee, Navya dropped the plate of toasts she was carrying, and Aryamaan just gaped at Nandini as his food fell out of his open mouth.
There was silence at the table while they all stared at Nandini, not sure that she had said what they had heard. Had she grown two heads and thats why it was not functioning or had she hit her head somewhere or had it sliped down to her knee. Hell she was crazy saying that.

"I'm sorry?", Abhimanyu blurted out.
"You want to buy Helmend Constructions?", exclaimed Navya.
"You know what kind of money that would require!", spoke Aryamaan recovering a little from his shock.
"Yes, about 15 crores, you told us last  night", replied Nandini
"And do you have that kind of money?", aryamaan continued, but this time it wasn't Nandini who answered.
"Yeah we do!", spoke Abhimanyu as he saw the practicality in Nandini's idea."It's our family money."

He looked at Nandini intently and asked, "Are you sure babydoll? This money was given to you by your grandfather. Apart from the home this is the last memory you have for yourself related to him." Abhimanyu knew that her grandfather was very close to her and she taking this decision was a bit shocking to him.

Nandini just looked at him and nodded. There was nothing about her hidden from Abhimanyu apart from some things.

"I know it'd mean putting everything at risk and i am ready to do this and why not, I mean, we're all qualified, we all know how that company is run since we've been working there for quite some time, why can't we buy it and run it as our own. What's so impossible about it? I mean, the people who are running it presently are humans too, just like us. They breathe, we breathe. They eat and we do it to. They sleep and so do we. If they can do it, why can't we. Are they so different than us or are we so inexperinced. What is it that we are fearing so much? " She said looking straight infront of them. She wasnt wrong on her part.

Navya was not convienced about all this at all. 15 Crores. Like seriously 15 crores was so soo sooo much. Hell lot of money. She dint want all this. Nandini had faced so much in life and she dint want Nandini to go through more.

It took some time for Nandini's idea to sink in, and a lot of convincing. It took almost an hour for Nandini to get it through their skull. Abhimanyu and Aryamaan were ready at last.

They talked it over with Abhimanyu and he in turn went and talked to Helmend Construction's owners about it. Though they did not want to give up their company that easily, Abhimanyu finally made them see that nothing could save it. And that they should sell it before their lie about their share prices came out. The money that Nandini was offering them covered the personal loans that they had taken for the company, and after a few legal formalities, Nandini had 70% of the companies shares in her name.

Three days after this transfer of power, as the facade of high share value was lifted, the company's share value dropped, and all other minor share holders got busy selling their shares.

These were bought by Abhimanyu, and Imperial Constructions was renamed as GG, Golden Gates .

Nandini was the MD, Abhimanyu the CEO, Aryamaan in charge of the Management and accounts departments, and Navya head of the creative department.

They changed all the staff. Since majority of the former staff was incompetent, they only kept a few good employees, and filled the remaining posts with fresh recruitments.

Since they were new owners, bank extended the deadline for the repayment of the loans that the former owners had taken in the company's name. They had two years to pay it all back.

And with this new challenge of making their business venture a success, they plunged into the the work they they had undertaken, now only to rise out of it in triumph.
_____________________________

Here i come back with this chapter.
Enjoy be happy.