Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

She took in the sight of his body and swallowed hard as desire filled her. Silas's skin was dark as midnight and his body was hard and covered in a lean layer of muscle, created by hard work. Jackson's body, which was the only other body he'd ever seen, had looking nothing like this. It had been pale and soft and covered in thick dark hair.

"You're so hard." Charlotte whispered as she laid her palms on the hard planes of his chest and spread her fingers wide. She felt a tremble wash over Silas and when she looked into his eyes they looked darker and full of passionate desire.

Charlotte felt sensations she had never felt before. An ache was forming between her legs that had nothing to do with the birth of her daughter. There was a pulsing, throbbing need forming in her core and moisture was soaking into the underclothes she wore beneath her skirt.

Silas's hands were shaking as he untucked her blouse and slowly undid the buttons before sliding it off as well. Charlotte stood there in her thin satin shift, knowing that her breasts would be clearly outlined beneath the fabric. She saw Silas's eyes roam down her and she heard the moan in the back of his throat when his eyes landed on her chest.

Without warning, he pulled her body tight against his own and his lips found hers, devouring her hungrily.

Charlotte felt as if she were drowning. Sinking lower and lower in a raging whirlpool with no desire to try to swim to shore. Silas's big hands roamed over her body, his calloused fingers caressing her breasts through the fabric of her shift.

And then suddenly her shift was gone and his hands were on her skin, burning her, searing her, branding her as his own with a tenderness that stole her breath.

Never had Charlotte been touched this way. With this sweet softness that let her know that he truly cared about what she was feeling instead of simply rushing after his own release. Charlotte felt him leading her toward the bed and she went with him, lost in all the new sensations he was awakening within her and getting lost in the waves... Drowning was incredible.

So lost was she in Silas's kisses and touches that she was surprised when he laid down beside her in the bed and stretched his body long against her own and she realized that neither of them were wearing any clothes.

Charlotte blushed as she looked at him, marveling in every line, muscle, scar and mole. Learning the dips and bulges in arms and the tight muscles of his stomach. Her eyes widened when she saw the proof of his arousal resting heavy against the pale white skin of her stomach.

"Sorry Miss Charlotte." He whispered gruffly as he tried hard to twist his hips away from her. Charlotte bit her lip before gathering her courage and looking up at his face. Silas's face was drawn as if the man was in pain but his brown eyes were just as warm and loving as they always were when they gazed upon her.

Charlotte was certain that is what gave her the bravery to do what she did next as she reached her hand down and gripped his pulsing arousal in her hand. Silas's jaw dropped and his eyes slid closed.

His eyes quickly shot back open when Charlotte guided the tip of him toward the wet juncture between her thighs.

"Miss Charlotte, are you sure?" Silas ground out, even as he flipped her onto her back and braced his body over hers. Charlotte laid her palms on his chest and nodded, never taking her eyes from his.

"I'm sure."

"If I hurt you, Miss Charlotte, you be sure to tell me to stop. I don't ever want to hurt you."

"You won't hurt me, Silas. I love you and I want you to let me know how good it feels to be with a man who loves me back."

"I can certainly be the man to show you that." His lips caressed her eyelids as he slowly slid himself inside of her, filling her more completely than she had ever been filled before.