01.

The nervous jitters of her first day left Nam Yesol bouncy in her seat, planted beside her teaching sunbae, Mr. Kim, or Junmyeon has he told her to refer to him outside of classroom hours. After three and a half long years and seven semesters, she was finally taking the last step in finishing her Bachelor's Degree in Education, and completing her student-teaching hours in her final semester.

Junmyeon smiled encouragingly at her, finding her anxious and excited behavior kind of endearing. "You can relax, Yesol. They're just high schoolers and the day will pass before you know it, and you'll get used to it quite easily."

"I know. Thank you for being so welcoming, Junmyeon-ssi." She gave him a grateful grin as the first bell rang and the first period students began to wander into the classroom, clustered into groups of twos and threes, clearing already having their social groups made.

"You don't have to call me so formally." He chuckled, standing up to write his and her name on the board before the final bell rang and class started.

Yesol flushed and nodded glancing at all of the students as they took their seats. They all looked friendly enough. Her first period was with the first year students, so all of them were only about 15 or 16.

She smiled to herself as she remembered back to her high school days... granted, it had only be around four years since she graduated. She was 21, going on 22 by the end of that summer.

Mr. Kim graciously introduced her for the first period, but allowed her to do so for the following four that happened throughout the remainder of the day.

By fifth period she gotten a little bit over her nerves and Junmyeon even trusted her enough to call attendance for his final class.

The last class consisted of third year students, the ones in their final year of high school. She found herself amazed at how just a couple of years difference can make between students, noting how much more mature this class looked compared to her first.

The last three students to walk in caught her attention, what with the loud banter of two of them. But, surprisingly, it was the third one, and the quietest that drew her in the most.

She blamed it on his hair, perhaps, his black roots showing through barely from he dyed blond locks, curled in a way that should have looked crazy but seemed to fit him well enough.

His cheekbones were sharp, almost as sharp as his dark eyes had been when he seemed to sense her sitting there and turned to look at her, their eyes locking.

Yesol froze in her seat, suddenly very conscious of the boy and the hold his presence seemed to have on her.

His friends took notice of this interaction, one of them, the bright red head tapping his arm and saying something that made the blond boy's cheek flush as they finally made their way to sit down just as the final bell rang.

Yesol shook her head clear of her thoughts, scolding herself for getting so carried away. He was on of her students. She should not allow herself to be so conscious of him.

She didn't know why she couldn't help but be...

Mr. Kim cleared his throat and greeted the third year class, introduced her as he stated she would be the one taking their attendance for this period. "If you have something else you would like to be called by, as long as it is within reason, do let her know so she can write it down and we can refer to you as you wish."

He gave her a nod of approval and she also clear her throat before starting to read off the names if the students, her nerves that had vanished earlier returning at full ferocity once again.

"Lee Donghyuck?" Halfway down the list a student finally asked to be called a different name, telling her he preferred to go by Haechan.

The red head.

She couldn't stop her eyes from shifting from Haechan to blond beside him for a brief second, unsure of if she was surprised or not to see his eyes also on her.

She returned to the attendance list. "Lee Jeno?"

The third boy raised his hand, giving her a smile. "That's me, and Jeno is just fine, Ms. Nam."

"Thank you." She returned his smile moved on, calling the one other name before she got to his.

"Lee Minhyung?" The name instantly caught her attention, even before he confirmed it with a raise of his own hand.

"Mark." Was what he simply replied, his eyes unwavering as he looked at her, entrapping her there.

"Mark? Why do you go by Mark?" She found herself asking, despite not meaning to dwell on any student in particular. She hoped no one read in too much to how she had taken an unusual interest in this student.

He gave her a grin, showing her was pleased that she taken an interest, and the way his smile curved made her gulp and remind herself once again he was her student, and most likely a minor. "I was born in Vancouver, actually. Mark is my English name and what I've really always gone by."

"Vancouver..." She muttered, blinking a few times before catching herself yet again. She shook her head and continued on with the attendance list, thankful that Mr. Kim didn't even seem to take note of her short distraction during it.

Junmyeon took over again once she finished, giving a brief explanation of their goals for that semester and handing out some necessary paperwork.

Yesol was preoccupied the entire class, her mind working on keeping her not so focused on a certain blond. And just like all of the other periods, this one ended too, and not fast enough for her liking.

She knew he and his friends were looking at her as the exited the room, but she kept her eyes firmly planted on the chalkboard, erasing everything Junmyeon had written with more vigor than necessary.

It wasn't until the sounds of their voices and that strange pull she felt disappeared (somewhat) that she signed in relief and dropped back to her seat, exhausted.

Junmyeon chuckled, believing that her tiredness came from her first day on the job, and not from one of his student's mere presence taking its toll on her.

"Hey, how about, at the end of this week, I take you out for some drinks to help celebrate your first week of student-teaching?"

Yesol looked up at him in pleasant surprise and nodded. She definitely needed a drink if she would have to endure that same class over and over again. "That sounds nice, Junmyeon. Thank you."

They stayed behind and worked on a few things, even after the students left the building and by the time they did leave, Yesol still could not get the image of Mark out of her mind.

No matter how hard she tried to.

--

I hope to post the next chapter soon. Let me know what you think. Posting on a new site like this is so nerve wracking.

See you guys in the next chapter.

-Kai

P.S. NCT Dream's comeback has left me adsfjkalsdfhasdf. UGH. Markeu T^T and Haechan is so rude, omfg.