All was well for the family of the renowned war hero, now a general who ensured the southern patrol was strongest. Terror often struck the hearts of many placed under his guidance, but soon they realised that only was he harsh when it came to training. Outside of training he was lighthearted and quick-witted–a trait he passed to his children.

Voronwe had seen all the horrors of war and of dark times, watched on as those who had not a skill with the blade were destroyed and trampled by the enemy. And now when he recalled those evil-ridden days, he often saw the faces of his beloved family, lying dead and helpless on a field where the enemy had mercilessly taken their lives.

It became as a great fear, and so he ensured that each of his children were given basic instruction with a weapon, regardless of how hopeless they were with one.

Yet the fear was not enough to not allow his son to join the patrol when he had come of age and his skill had met the standards needed.

Voronwe, son of Astaron, was yet a great warrior, unsurpassed by many, though he was not chiefest among them, he was far from such a title. It was not his skill that had brought him to a rank, but his willingness to fight, the steadfastness he bore in his soul. There was strength within him, and that strength was infectious and spreaded to those among him and above him. The attitude he brought made them who were greater than he greater still.

The Lord Elrond had offered the well-loved general a place in his household, and Voronwe had declined it. Not for pride, but because he knew that his heart did not belong in a city, in a grand household where maids and butlers waited on all who entered.

His father's mother had come from the Greenwood, a Silvan, and it was as if that part of him longed for the trees and forests. Past the borders of the city, there was a great expanse of trees, and that is where he chose to build his home. Living there meant that he must walk more than most to train the ellyn under his guidance each day, but that was negligible, and he minded it not.

His children learnt to love the trees, and in the days and years then came afterward, Anneth spent many days and nights under the moonlit trees, and then in gardens of Imladris. She loved the outdoors more than her siblings, for that is where she found comfort, wherein she was not so alone as it seemed.

When none seemed there to listen to her or hold her as she wept, it was the outside that made it easier to bear. The sheer beauty of creation, the great Song, the marvelous knowledge of the Creator and His Creation, to reflect that one was placed on this world and even in pain there was yet a cause for it, it would bring good in the end.

The garden became as Anneth's second home, and her great grandmother surely would approve of that, she would be glad that her great granddaughter loved the beautiful painting that was creation, that was formed from Eru's thought, though it be marred be evil.

The wonderful knowledge that Eru intends all for good to those whom He loves and who love him also was as a great consolation for Anneth, though times came where she did forget. Yet then she would remember and be comforted, steadied by the One whose arm could never be shortened.