Page 038. Pelargoniums⭕️

*EDITED 19/10/2017*

Watching the match between Karasuno and Ougiminami wasn't particularly eventful. If she were to be honest, the blonde found the back and forth insults between the two teams more entertaining than the actual game. Haruka, still tired (and salty after the vending machine), rubbed furiously at her bloodshot green eyes and covered a yawn with her hand.

Yachi stood next to the setter, gazing at the court with wide eyes (Haruka was sure that she was more nervous than the actual players), barely being able to see over the railing due to her small stature.

The manager whispered a small "Yeah." as the two schools bowed to each other accompanied by a lazy air punch from her fellow blonde. Just after that, their attention was caught by the appearance of an older man with a permanent frown who was flanked by a pair of young boys who looked to either be in Junior High or Elementary School.

"I guess that is your precious grandson's team." Some other random old guy spoke to the newcomer whose scowl deepened (Haruka hadn't thought it possible but was proven wrong).

"That's got nothing to do with it!" He growled, passing the two females.

"Ukai?" Yachi raised her brows questioningly.

"Grandson?" Haruka mirrored her friend's expression.

Suddenly, the two young boys pulled up by the girls.

The setter frowned at she realised that they were almost as tall as her. Genetics could get bent as far as she was concerned. Curse her unknown birth parents, both for abandoning her and for making her short.

"You're from Karasuno too right?" The brown haired one questioned Yachi, somewhat rudely since he didn't even bother with a greeting beforehand. "What are you doing up here?"

Defensively, the green eyed girl stuck an arm in front of her old friend. She barely withheld herself from cursing out a pair of nosy children.

"Th-There's only one manager allowed on the bench." She stepped away from Haruka's protective arm. "You didn't know that?"

"Oh," The children didn't seem too fazed. "What about you?"

The taller of the pair pointed at Haruka who had begun to fidget with her long hair.

"I actually go to Nekoma," she shrugged dismissively, losing interest in them and turning back to face the court. "But my brother is the captain of Karasuno's team so I'm here to support him."

"Why don't you two go to the same school?"

God, those kids were really nosy, weren't they? They were getting on her nerves, all 95 to 100 billion of them.

Before she could even reply sarcastically, the uninterested boys pointed down at the court excitedly.

"Look! There's Sho-chan!"

"Oh, yeah!"

"Sho-chan?" Yachi interjected who didn't seem to mind annoying brats. "Oh, you mean Hinata."

The boys nodded in response, keeping their gaze in the energetic ginger who was stretching his arms in the back left corner of the court.