Page 006. Water Irises⭕️

*EDITED 12/7/2017*

A week of utter torture.

That's what Haruka had expected the week long training camp to result in. However, she had rather enjoyed herself. Teasing the other girls was always fun and watching them attempt to eat the rice she'd somehow managed to burn without vomiting was extremely entertaining.

But, surprisingly enough, she felt as though she could trust them to not turn on her like her previous teammates had. Not that she liked their company or anything, she just felt like it was easier to tolerate them than before.

Their teamwork had improved considerably too. Coach Himura had them focus on communicating without words which was a huge advantage when it came to matches and predicting moves. If the opposition had no clue what they were going to do it would be much harder to block their attacks.

Lev called at least twice a day to make sure Haruka hadn't caused any trouble. Honestly she felt pretty touched that he'd worried so much but she'd never admit it to him. Not to that childish, tall half-Russian-who-can't-even-speak-Russian. Her pride always came first.

The bus ride to the gym where the practice match was to take place was even worse than the ride before. Since the team had grown so much closer, Sasaki suggested that they played a game of 'Never Have I Ever' which resulted in two head injuries, a punctured volleyball and a screaming fit from Coach Himura which lasted a full twenty minutes.

Haruka found her wishing death upon herself when Kurosawa "accidentally" spilled coffee all over her tracksuit. The only thing that could possibly make the day any worse was the gym not having any vending machines. Now that, would be a tragedy. 

When Akiyama finally stopped the bus outside of the gym, Haruka practically leaped out of her uncomfortable green seat and was the first to exit through the doors which slid open smoothly.

The first thing she saw were the other two teams staring at each other, completely ignoring the arrival of the girls' team. She briskly walked towards them, hoping that they'd notice her presence and move out of the way, however, her efforts were futile and was left awkwardly standing there, feeing awfully out of place.

It reminded her of one of those cliche sports anime stare downs between two rival teams who had a dark history together. The kind of shows with an angsty forbidden gay love between two characters. Obviously, Haruka loved them.

"Hate to interrupt your little moment but you're blocking the doors." She spoke dryly, arms crossed as she glared at them and subsequently ruining the atmosphere.

One look at the girl's bloodshot eyes and menacing scowl, most of the boys quickly backed away. Kuroo, however, sprinted forwards, arms open wide, determined to annoy the shit out of her.

"Haru-chan! Give me a hug." He teased, knowing full well how much she despised any physical contact between other people.

As she ducked under his arms fluidly she replied, "No chance in hell Kuroo-senpai. Where's Lev?"

"Not playing today. He's probably off sulking somewhere, waiting to vent to you." Yamamoto piped up, pulling a 'threatening' face but he cowered the second her gaze landed on him.

The rest of her team hopped out of the bus and joined Haruka as she glared around herself, eyes searching for her older brother.

Suddenly, Haruka was scooped up by her brother, his warm coffee eyes smiling at her. "You weren't going to ignore me now were you sister dearest?"

"Wasn't planning to idiot brother." She grinned back as he placed her back on solid ground. "Where's Suga-senpai? You two getting married yet?"

"Right here." Sugawara appeared in front of her, arms open wide and ignoring her extra comment. "You're not skipping meals again, are you?"

"No, I've learnt my lesson after last year, don't worry." Haruka replied with a shrug and a minuscule smile. "Not too eager to land myself in a hospital bed again."

"Is Haru-chan smiling!?" Sasaki shook Takahashi's shoulders vigorously as she screamed like someone had just sprouted an extra three heads and begun reciting Latin proverbs.

"And I thought you hated hugs!" Kuroo joined in angrily, poking the girl's cheek.

Haruka's smile dropped and her scowl returned. "This may come as a surprise to you but I don't mind hugging people who don't annoy the crap out of me."

As she strutted towards the double doors she whipped out her phone from her pocket, simply to avoid any more social encounters. However her brilliant plan was foiled by an irritating ginger who had popped up in front of her, blocking her path.

"How tall are you?" He stared down at her excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet. He reminded her of a puppy. A really annoying, hyperactive puppy. She had always preferred kittens anyways.

"None of your business. Can you let me through now?"

He seemed unaffected by her harsh gaze and spoke again. "Are you really-"

"Dumbass!" A booming voice came from behind her, making the freckled girl jump slightly. "Stop interrogating her, don't you know who she is?"

As Haruka swivelled around, she locked eyes with Kageyama Tobio. Blue-eyed and cropped hair hanging  in front of his face, she realised that the King of the Court hadn't changed much appearance-wise. He'd grown since the last time she saw him play but she doubted his awful attitude was fixed. He was an amazing setter, there was no doubt about that, but he had a really shitty personality. Not that she was one to talk.

"Um..." The ginger trailed off, clearly confused by the setter's question. "Daichi-san's sister?"

A black and intimidating aura began to radiate from behind Kageyama as Haruka went to answer instead. "I suppose he's talking about what I was called in Junior High. It's a stupid nickname though. Now could you move? Haven't you interrogated me enough? Or do you want to know my three sizes now?"

Haruka didn't wait for an answer as she shoved him roughly out of the way, Izumi slinking up beside her, batting her long lashes at the Karasuno team.

"Can't you go a single day without flirting?" Haruka huffed, annoyed. The hallway was much cooler than it was outside and she was delighted to be somewhere with air conditioning.

"Can't you go a single day without being mean?" Izumi pouted childishly at her freckled companion who was certainly not amused.

"Haruka, did you have to be so hostile to those poor boys outside?" Takahashi joined them, fidgeting with her hair anxiously.

"That ginger kid was annoying and the King has a terrible attitude. Sorry Okasan." Haruka sniffed, getting more irritated by the second.

"You're one to talk." Kurosawa commented slyly as she slipped past, glaring at two rowdy boys on the way who were ogling Izumi as they passed.

"Say something like that again and I won't toss to you for a full month." The freckled girl rolled her eyes and swore that if someone had the nerve to say "Keep doing that, maybe you'll find a brain back there", she'd rip their throats out with her teeth.

"You can be so scary at times Haru-chan." Izumi cooed. "At this rate nobody will ever want to date you."

"That's good," Haruka replied curtly. "A partner would only distract me from volleyball. The only other things I need are raspberries and soda."

Once again the blonde pulled out her phone and scrolled through its contents and laughing at an unfunny funny joke about penguins.

"Was that supposed to be a joke?" Yaku probed, sweatdropping.

"I never joke about food."
~~

I tried to paint freckles on my face but my mom saw and thought I had the pox. Yay for failure!
Stay Strange~MyBeanieIsALiar