ONE; ZEUS ALMIGHTY

THE COLOURS OF THE SKY SHIFTS INTO something else — peach and cotton candy being replaced by a blanket of twinkling dust

          THE COLOURS OF THE SKY SHIFTS INTO something else — peach and cotton candy being replaced by a blanket of twinkling dust. The hungry waves of the ocean below swallows the golden sun as it descended gracefully far from the comfort of the horizon above.

Zeus wishes that his fall of grace could compare to the view — full of majest and closure. However, his fall was nothing near the sunset. It contrasted the whole palette of pastel and blazing fire, replacing them with shades of dark midnight.

He counts his days on Earth, and for the first time, he feels patient. He's content with standing on top of the mountain, overlooking the beautiful scenery. It makes him reminisce the power he had over creatures of this realm. It makes him remember the taste of his glory — buttery sweet with an aftertaste of lemon zest, ambrosia and nectar; the food of the gods. Now all he could taste was the salt and bitterness of what he's done from the wind.

His punishment of living with mortal me wounds his ego, and he had long acknowledged the fact he has shattered far too many beating hearts and deserves more than this. He deserves pain, he deserves pleasure— how did the two differ anyways? Everything ends in death, in destruction.

He himself won't deny that he had lead so many to their destruction.

And one of those destruction included his belief in love.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He first sees her with yellow in a garden as beautiful as her, surrounded by exotic flowers as she is seated on top of a white marble bench. In his eyes, she was already a queen — his queen, and he wants to give the world to her. He promises himself he will dedicate this unexplored world to worship her ethereal innocence.

Zeus watches her, leaning against the rough bark of a tree with a smile on his lips.

He plans to count their days together in eternity - if only she would let him. But then, he's content with making contact with her deep iridescent eyes that conveyed playfulness within. Blue against hazel, he lets himself lose at her stare.

It was then when he tasted a different kind of victory - one that made filled him warmth and butterflies.

"How long have you been standing there?" She asks him and he's surprised at her sudden approach, just like how she will be in the future when Zeus finally gets tired of the colour yellow.

He could only bask in their splendour during that moment, nothing else.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The hundredth time he soils their golden bed and linen sheets with his naked body on top of another woman that wasn't her, he sees her with red - no, it was not the same shade of red he saw in their wedding night. It is unlike any other shade he's seen before. What once innocence she held was replaced by a hungry flames in its wake.

Zeus identifies her anger as crimson and a knot forms inside his stomach.

He counts the days he stayed loyal to her. Zeus knows it too well that he's lost track a week after their wedding. He feels the humiliation, looking at her with a vulnerability he never could rejoice in.

"Hera, I-I..." Zeus is at lost for words. He does not know how to explain it. "How long have you been standing there?"

He could only hold the eminent hand print of an aching blush imprinted in his cheeks.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Zeus sees her last in orange - dynamic and enduring. Her presence glows that colour as she stands behind him, serving as a light to shy away darkness that surrounds him. It wasn't like he could do anything, his time would come soon.

"How long have you been standing there?" Hera asks him first, bringing him back to the moment they first met.

"As long as I need to." His eyes looked at the abyss of black, tired and bloodshot. He turns to stare at her. Blue against hazel, and he decides to admire her one more time, with a song of praise and a touch of worship. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I never left, since the beginning."

And this is where Zeus wronged us.

Love exists in different forms. It cannot be forced upon nor can it be taken away without your choice. Love may hurt us, and it may not.

Love does not warn its next victim.

For that, Zeus would like to apologise and accept his punishment.

WE ARE STILL
H U M A N S, WE ARE BOUND TO
L O V E AND BECOME HURT,
THUS WE MUST L E A R N
TO L E T GO AND SET
THEM F R E E.

humans love, hurt, learn.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dedicated to ICARIAN- bc honestly her writing is the best!!