"Jade, please, save me!"

"I'm coming, baby..." I breathed.

Perrie disappeared from my view. Sam appeared instead. His grey eyes were sparkling with joy as he grinned from ear to ear. He was enjoying this, that's one thing for sure. He'd fucking pay for hurting my Perrie once I get to them. He wouldn't get away with this.

"We're in the basement. Get your ass here or lose your fiancée. The choice is yours."

The video ended there. I felt how my chest tightened, how it suddenly became hard to breathe. It felt like something blocked my airways, as if I accidentally had ingested food containing peanuts, which I was allergic to.

"Hey, don't look at that now, Jade, you can't lose your cool. Remember, her life is on the line. She needs you to remain professional" Jesy said calmly.

"No, she needs me to save her!" I shouted.

"But you can't if you freak out. I know it's difficult, but you gotta keep calm. It's the best you can do in this situation, Jade."

I nodded, as to show her I understood what she was saying. Jesy flashed me a sympathetic smile, then she focused her eyes on the road again. I answered the police radio every once in a while, to let everybody know we were alright.

We arrived at Acton High School twenty minutes later. Students, teachers and parents were gathered on the car park. They must've found out about Sam being there. Not good. Worried parents were the last thing we needed now.

Getting out of the car, I spotted Leigh-Anne. She spoke to two mothers. She had a look of concern on her face. When she saw me and Jesy, she said goodbye to the mothers and ran over to us.

"Sam is here, Jade! He shot somebody!" Leigh-Anne yelled frantically.

"We're gonna take care of it. Stay here!" I told her.

I ran towards the building. The first thing I saw once I came inside was a teenage-boy covered in an alarming amount of blood. It didn't seem like he was conscious, as his friends shook his body and called his name while they kept pressure to the wound.

"Get him an ambulance, Jess!" I shouted.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Stopping dead in my tracks to answer her stupid question, I turned around and faced her. She had a look of disapproval on her face. She reminded me a little bit of my mum.

"I need to get to the basement. Perrie is there" I said.

"You're not going alone" Jesy argued.

"Who am I supposed to go with?" I asked, frustrated.

"Me, as soon as I've sent this poor guy to the hospital" she said.

"I can't wait that long. Sorry, Jess" I said casually.

"Jade!"

Being the stubborn person I was, I ignored my best friend's protests and kept running to the basement, where Sam held my fiancée captive. My heart beat outside my chest as I ran. Never had I been this scared before.

I ran past panic-struck students, heavily bleeding teenagers, and wondering teachers. Each one of them tried to catch my attention, but I was too focused on getting to Perrie. Somebody else would have to help them. The other officers were on their way.

In a narrow, dark corridor secluded from the rest of the school building, I found a staircase leading downstairs. Suspecting the basement was at the end of the stairs, I pulled my gun and walked down. My heart rate increased for every step. My veins in left and right temple pulsated. Sweat cascaded down my back. I felt unusually hot.