Chapter 29

Perrie
"OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR, PERRIE!"

Angry screams and frantic pounding on my door woke me up from my sleep. Groaning, I opened my eyes to look at the time. The bright red digits showed 2:38 in the morning. I covered my head with my pillow, tried to fall back asleep. Whatever Leigh came for could wait until tomorrow.

"JADE AND JESY ARE DEAD! THEY WERE KILLED! OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR, EDWARDS, AND LET ME IN!"

Dead?

How?

When?

Why?

Suddenly not so tired anymore, I bolted out of bed, wearing the grey Calvin Klein underwear-set. I unlocked and opened the door. Leigh appeared. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had a tear-stained face.

"Zac tried to call you for an hour. He called me when he realized you wouldn't pick up" she began slowly.

"Did he say Jade and Jesy had died? Have they? Are they really dead?" I asked, my lower lip began to tremble.

Don't cry, Perrie! Now's not the time. Wait until you know if they actually are dead.

"He said they were in trouble, in very big trouble. Apparently, Jade called him, told him Jesy was unconscious, but then something happened and he lost her. She stopped answering. Neither of them have answered their phones or walkie-talkies for an hour" she explained, sadness evident in her voice.

Black dots covered my vision. I felt dizzy. Had my girlfriend and her best friend been killed? Were they lying dead somewhere?

No. No, I refused to lose them. I refused to bury the people I considered family, that was part of the family. I wouldn't do it, wouldn't let death rip them away from me.

Jesy was too young. She had just met a new guy that treated her like the queen she was. She had plans for the future; traveling through Europe, getting married, having three children, buy a house on the countryside...She couldn't be gone.

And as for Jade...She had been by my side since the day I was born. Literally. Norma and Jade were at the hospital when my mum gave birth to me. Mum wanted Norma there, since they were best friends, and my dad needed the extra support. He was a mess, scared out of his mind yet very happy.

Jade and I had plans as well. We planned to get married. I wanted a winter wedding, Jade had promised we'd have that, said she'd give me everything I wanted. We both wanted children and a house near the beach. In two weeks we'd celebrate our fifth anniversary.

All of that couldn't just be gone. Plans we've made since we became girlfriend and girlfriend couldn't go down in flames within an hour.

Neither of the two women could possibly be dead. It...didn't add up. Last night we went to the club, this morning they sat in the living room, stuffing fast food in their faces.

"We're going to the station, you and I, to find out more. They can't be dead, I won't accept that. I'm not losing them. I refuse" Leigh spoke, bringing me back to here and now.

"Are...are we leaving now?" I asked weakly.

"Right at this moment. Are you okay with going in your underwear?"

"I'll cover myself with Jade's Parka. I'll be fine. Let's go."

I grabbed Jade's beloved Parka from the coat rack and wrapped it around my body. I put on my grey low tops Converse. After I had dressed up a little for a late night adventure and locked the door, I jogged down the stairs with Leigh-Anne.