"Officer Thirlwall, officer Nelson, there's been a murder in Lambeth. I need you to get there. The address is 91 Lollard Street. You'll find the right flat the minute you get there, there are police cars outside!"

We followed his order, didn't protest. I got the keys for our car, then we jogged out of the station. Buckling up for the ride ahead, I put the key in the ignition, twisted it upwards, and roared the engine to life. Though it wasn't necessary, I turned on the sirens. With them blaring, civilians would get out of the way and let us through, meaning we'd get to the crime scene faster.

Approximately fifteen minutes later, we arrived at 91 Lollard Street. Just like chief Thompson said earlier, there were police cars parked a little here and there. We got out of the car and walked inside flat number nine.

The flat was crowded with police officers and CSIs. This place was definitely not for a claustrophobic. Even I, who didn't suffer from claustrophobia nor had problems with crowded/small spaces, had a hard time breathing in here due to all the people.

The first thing we saw when we came upstairs was a blonde girl with piercing blue eyes. She had a thick rope around her neck. Our CSI Rachel stood above her body, taking pictures.

"Hey, Rachel" Jesy greeted.

"Oh hi, officers" Rachel smiled.

"What happened here? Did she commit suicide?" I asked.

"No, she was killed. We found the killer's fingerprints on her body and on the rope" Rachel said.

"Who is she, then?" Jesy asked curiously.

"Phoebe North, 21. She studied political science at Cambridge, she was home for the week due to her little sister being locked up in a mental hospital for her depression. Phoebe's mother, Nora, found her an hour ago" Rachel explained.

Observing Phoebe a little closer, I thought that she looked a lot like Perrie. Her blue eyes, her blonde hair, her facial features...A shiver cascaded down my spine. Just the thought of my girl being the victim, lying dead before my eyes, made me cold. I couldn't imagine my life without her. Good thing she was still alive, though.

"Where's the mother now?" I asked.

"They took her to the hospital. She's in shock" Rachel said.

"You said you found the killer's fingerprints. Do you know who did it?" Jesy asked.

"Uhm, I think you guys already know. Look."

Rachel moved Phoebe's body so she lied on the side. She pulled up her shirt. An all too familiar symbol was engraved on her back. This time, the symbol seemed so much more murderous, hateful...Something about it gave me bad vibes, which was strange considering the other symbols never made me feel this uneasy. I had a feeling something terrible was gonna happen.

"Sam" Jesy and I said in unison.

"We also found this note. It was attached to her teeth" Rachel said, disgust lacing her voice.

Taking it from the skilled CSI I'd worked with since my first day on the force, I read the words written on the tiny but wet note.

You are next, officer Thirlwall 😈

The letters were written in blood, probably the victim's. I felt like throwing up. The message made me nauseous. He could mean anything with that, it either meant he'd come after me or hurt Perrie, which I couldn't allow to happen. I had to do everything in my power to protect her now. I couldn't let Sam get to her, couldn't let him hurt her. I had to protect her at all costs.