1

"It's about time, Byakuya." One of the Kuchiki's eldest henchmen said. "You need to get another bride in order to maintain the Kuchiki clan stable." He walked slowly towards the captain who kept looking at him blankly. "We all know that you cared about the previous lady deeply, so deeply that you broke the rules for her sake, but this time that's not going to happen."

Byakuya clenched his fist as if trying to control his invisible anger. "And why is that?"

"We've already found you a very suitable bride, she has a reproductive ability, so a bloodline heir is highly possible!" The old man sounded amused, but it was comprehensible. Reproduction in Soul Society is a very rare gift. "Besides, she's from a high-rank household or at least, her grandfather."

Byakuya remained silent, he didn't recall any woman in Soul Society with those traits, at least, not the nobles he knew. Either way, he still felt forced to marry, against his own will. He wanted to pray for Hisana every afternoon for as long as he lived, there wasn't even the thought of having another wife because Hisana was his one and only Lady.

"What if I refuse?" Byakuya looked defiantly to the elders.

"You're not going to refuse, Byakuya." His grandfather, Ginrei, former Kuchiki head spoke lowly. "You already tainted our clan with the previous lady, this time we are making the rules in order to maintain this household as noble as it must be."

Byakuya closed his eyes, there it was again. Rules, duties, and honor. The only things that were important for the household. He wouldn't say that the elders had a point, but his own opinions didn't matter?

Of course not. If it was a clan related issue, then all he needed to do is consent, blank and obedient. He had to make a sacrifice of his freedom for the clan's honor, but there was absolutely no way that he was going to accept this willingly.

"I will remarry for the clan's future," Byakuya stated. "I will produce an heir that will make this household proud." And with that, he left the silent room and walked back to his headquarters.

Meanwhile, in the meeting room that he had just left, Ginrei Kuchiki made a small smile while writing an official document to be sent to his longtime friend.

On the order side of Seireitei, at the squad one barracks, Genryusai Yamamoto, head captain of the thirteen squads, was drinking his Oolong tea amusingly when his office door was brutally destroyed by none other than his granddaughter's hot-tempered servant, Hana. As he thought, she looked enraged.

"WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS, GRANDPA?!" She yelled at him. "WHY IS ORA GETTING MARRIED?!"

"Young girl, Ora has age enough to marry, her future husband is just a few years older than her." Genryusai continued to sip his tea.

"But Lady Ora is just doing this for your sake!" Hana hissed. "She's not happy!"

"That's where you're wrong, Hana." He placed his teacup on the table. "She's quite happy."

"Why you say that?" Hana asked a little bit more calmly.

"She knows who her husband is going to be, she had already seen him," Genryusai explained. "He's good-looking, noble and I'm going to make sure he doesn't hurt her."

"Who is he?" Hana sounded curious.

"Byakuya Kuchiki."

Hana sighed after a long moment of silence. "That's why she's happy." Hana simply nodded. "What about her shinigami duties? After all, she's still a lieutenant."

"They're going to be postponed, she can still do some paperwork, but her full activities as a lieutenant are going to be suspended." Genryusai stated.

"Very well, sir." Hana bowed and left the office.

"Now then, let's write another letter to the construction officers." The captain sipped his tea calmly. "It's the fourth time this month."

Ora Yamamoto, granddaughter of Genryusai Yamamoto, lieutenant of the thirteenth squad, the next Lady Kuchiki.

She was happy. The day had finally come - the day that she would be united with her hero. Indeed, she never thought that she would be ending up marrying him, but she couldn't stop to smile every time his name came to her mind.

Her grandfather informed her that Byakuya Kuchiki had accepted the offer, so it was probably because he remembered her. As a madly in love teenager, Ora spun around the room in delight.

"Ora, may I come in?" Someone asked.

"Yes, come in." She smiled as she saw her childhood friend get inside the room. "What is it, Hana?"

"Are you sure about this?" Hana looked concerned at her. "I've heard rumors about him Ora, he's an icy dude."

"Don't be silly," Ora giggled. "I'm sure that he's just like that because he's a captain and needs to show authority."

"But your captain it's not like that, he's always smiling!" Hana complained.

"Captain Ukitake is a very generous man," Ora smiled gently. "Even though he's unhealthy all the time."

"Well, as long as you're happy." Hana sighed. "I'll go to visit you often."

"I'm sorry you cannot attend the wedding." Ora looked at her apologetically. "My grandfather stated that it's going to be a private ceremony."

"I understand, it's nobility stuff." Hana chuckled. "Do you have the wedding dress?"

"I do, since Kuchiki is a traditional household, I'm going to wear a traditional wedding attire." Ora smiled gently. "It's for a good reason and it's the best if I need to impress the elders."

"You're known for being the old man's grandchild, I'm sure that they would be pleased even if you were wearing your sweaty training suit!" Hana smirked.

"Don't need to bring that up." Ora laughed as she remembered the nostalgic days of hard training with her grandfather.

"Sooooo, when is going to be the wedding?" Hana asked as Ora walked to the huge mirrored closet. Her blonde wavy hair flowed around as she opened the closet and shown the attire for the ceremony.

"Tonight."

_______

So yeah, this was the first chapter, I hope I got your interest with this. 😅😅😅