Chapter 4-Late flying

Lenas Pov

I had just received a phone call from Kara, she wanted us to meet for brunch the next day and talk. I was really relived that she'd called. I stood on the balcony at my office looking out over the city, my breath made small clouds in the freezing air. This night seemed like it never would end. I took another sip of my whiskey that i brought out with me trying to think about what I should say to her tomorrow. Tell her that she was the only one who made my misery better? That my dark thoughts did'nt haunt me when we was together?

I had thought a lot about what she said to me. That she really liked me, that she liked me in a romantic way. I sighed. I had never liked anyone like I liked her. I was confused. I did't want that to be ruined. Sure I really liked Jack too, but not like this. We where so good friends, could we really become anything more than that? What if it did't work out? Would we still be able to be friends? To be honest I was scared. Frightened. The problem was not that I did't like women, I had been with several before, but just for one night things. I sighed again and looked out over the city. 

A strange noise made me turn around and see that I was't alone anymore. I looked at the shadow as it stepped forward.

"Supergril, what did I do for this honor?" I cleansed my jaw and stared right at her.

"You have to come with me," she said looking very serious.

I smirked at her.

"And why is that?"

"There is an very dangerous creature here with an crytoptonic bomb, the DEO is in the way. There is no one here except you, Right?"

"Well this time in the day, it is just me here I think."

"I have evacuated a cleaning lady, and now we have to go!"

"How are we supposed to get out of here then?"

"I have to carry you while we fly away. It is too dangerous for both you and me to go down using the stairs or elevator."

"Of course. I just need to get my coat." I hesitated and turned around.

"Are you sure it is safe for you to carry me?"

She looked confused at me.

"Well are you sure you won't drop me?" I said anxious.

"I'm really, really strong, I'm sure I can carry you. I have done it before, remember?" She smiled and I nervously chuckled.

"Yes, i guess so."

When I was ready she awkwardly stepped closer. I tried to not show how nervous I was. I hated flying. I breathed nervously when she lifted me bridal style.

"Is this okay?" She looked at me very concerned and I nodded and felt dizzy. She lifted from the floor of the balcony and flew very slow over the city. I hugged around her tight and closed my eyes shut. It felt like forever.

Kara's Pov

I flew as slow as I could and still tried not to drop Lena. I was so nervous, holding her in my arms. I felt her clinging around my neck and I looked down at her. She had closed her eyes. She looked so vulnerable in my arms. She looked so beautiful. And very pale. I anxiously listened carefully to her breathing. She seemed okay. We landed on the front of her apartment. She opened her emerald eyes and stared into mine. I let her down on the ground.

"Do you want to stay here?" I tried not to look so worried. But I was worried about her.

"Yes that would be great. Thank you very much Supergirl. You saved me once again." She smiled half hearted at me.

"Your welcome, I'm just doing my work." I smiled at her. Her hair was a little tangled from the flight and she looked very pretty.

"Are the problem at the L-corp fixed in the morning?"

"I would think so yes, I can get someone at the DEO to text you in the morning with details."

"That would be great. But really. We have to stop meeting like this," she smirked and started to walk in the direction of her entrance.

I flew away as fast as I could and landed in front of my own apartment house. When I was inside I put on my pj's and crawled into my cozy bed. I was so, so tired and felt like I deserved some sleep.

-

I tried not to think too much what i was about to do later at lunch. I had a hard time focusing on my actual work, my mind would much rather think about what I could say to her. I felt a little nervous of course, but most exited. I had missed Lena so much and this was my chance to fix what I kind of had complicated. I had felt so great yesterday when I saved her. She had seemed like she needed me. Well not really me Kara, but still. I looked at my phone. 12.46. I called Alex.

"Hey sis, what you up to?"

"Hi Alex. Oh my Rao. I'm sort of nervous."

"I can tell. Is it today.."

"Yes!" I interrupted her and then countinued.

"I don't know what to say to her! Should I say i'm sorry? Should I try to tell her how much I miss her? Or that this is all my fault and I just want to continue being friends? Or.." Alex interrupted me this time.

"Woah Kara, slow down a little. It is going to go well. She is your best friend and I think she understands. She is a decent person and will do anything to make you happy."

"Thank you Alex. I really love you."

"Love you too Kara. See you tonight?"

"Yes. Bye." I smiled big. This was just what I needed. I needed to try to stay calm, and Alex had really calmed me down.

I looked up from my phone and saw someone standing in the doorway. It was Lena. I gasped when I saw how stunning she looked. She had her hair in a bun, a red coat that matched with her red lipstick and she wore a black dress. She looked gently at me with her emerald eyes.

"Ready to go?"

Hi! Thank you so much for reading, please leave a comment or feedback:)