Sparring Like An Alpha

Start from the beginning

I wouldn't throw him through that window just yet, I decided. The man had his uses.

"Class is going to start soon." He leaned down to whisper in my ear, hands now working down the length of my arms, working muscles long sore from an entire night left tossing and turning.

I grunted unintelligibly, rubbing my cheek against the mat. I'd heard the warning bell.

"So where's Drake?" He suddenly asked, laughter in his voice.

"In my backpack." I muttered. "He can't come out until he perfects turning invisible."

Blake's hands stopped moving when the dragon's delicate sneeze sounded from inside of the backpack I'd set beside me. "What do you mean?"

I blindly twirled my finger in the air to tell him to continue the massage and yawned against my arm. "Drake." I called, not worried about summoning my pet. Most of the students had yet to make their way to the gym, and those who had were too busy entertaining themselves to pay attention to us. "Show Blake what I'm talking about."

The backpack was only zipped halfway so the little guy could have plenty of fresh air. He easily slid out. Soft impression on the mat followed his entrance as he slinked in front of us. Or, some of him did. Most of Drake was invisible. Only his tail, which flicked this way and that, was visible. The rest of him was just...gone.

"Don't worry. You'll get the hang of this disappearing act before long." I soothed, scratching a line down his semi-invisible neck as he suddenly flickered in and out of existence.

A pair of shoes hurried past us a ways from my spot on the mat, causing the dragon to scurry back to the safety of my backpack. The footsteps came to a halting stop and backtracked until I heard the rustle of rubber soles against the hardwood floor stop in front of us, but I closed my eyes and refused to open them unless a fire spontaneously broke out. The soft feminine scent she brought with her was enough to know who it was.

"Luna?" Raven's suspicious voice penetrated my bubble of serenity. "Whatcha doing?"

I wasn't looking, but I knew Blake was smirking when he answered her. "Luna's stressed." He explained.

"No I'm not." I muttered into the mat. "Blake is molesting me. You should probably call a teacher."

"Well I could." Raven sounded thoughtful. I don't think she was taking this seriously. I could almost picture her with that dreamy look on her face. "I hear the new French teacher is way cute."

"NOT that teacher!" I was suddenly wide awake, glaring up at her. That's just what I needed. Draken to save me from death by massage.

"Don't tense up." Blake chided, rubbing soft circles against my shoulder blades. I craned my head to catch him smile at Raven. "I don't think we've formally met. I'm Blake."

"I know who you are." She was nodding her head emphatically. "I'm–"

"Raven. I know." His smile turned sickeningly sweet. "Listen, I really wanted to apologize about what I said the other day at lunch. I didn't mean it."

I snorted. Raven was a smart girl. She wouldn't be so easily swayed by a pretty face.

Or not.

"Oh. Y-yeah. Of course. No big deal." She all but stuttered through it, a blush tinting her cheeks pink.

I frowned, not wanting to believe what I was hearing. He deserved more heartache than that! "Traitor." I glared at her.