Chapter 2

Asano's POV:

The new girl was somewhat diferent, her eyes were so dense....dense enough to drown me in them...

I shook my head at those thoughts coming randomly in my mind and walked back to the class. It was maths class next, huh easy as a piece of cake for me. I opened the classroom door slowly, and saw Y/N sitting beside my seat. I don't know why but my heart skipped a bit. She was beautiful, her (h/c) locks over her beautiful face, she was scribbling something on her notebook.

I walked up to her and greeted her.

"Hello Y/N-chan"

"Hello" she said without looking up at me.

I took my seat beside her, somewhat annoyed that she indirectly.....ignored me? That was first time ever, someone ignoring me. 'Interesting' I thought to myself.

The teacher came in, we took out our notebooks and waited for him to start.

Around half of the class time, I looked at my side... to Y/N. She was kinda tensed, her face covered with sweat beads.

"What's the matter Y/N? Tough one?"

She looked at me with a blank stare, then looked back on her notebook.

"None of your business Asano" she said not looking at me.

I stared at her for a moment, then thought 'Does she hates me..?' It kinda made me sad.

No why should it make me sad? I don't like her or something... We're not even friends. I shook my head and started copying the notes on the blackboard.

Reader's POV:

I was staring at my notebook, fidgeting with the pen in my hand. God I was so bad when it came to maths. I barely passed the entrance exams in mathematics, but luckily I scored average and got my place in Class 3-A [ I'm the same too :') ]

Asano asked me if I wanted help, but I declined. I can't take help from him, he's my rival and I can't show him my weaknesses. My eyes unintentionally turned to my right, I saw Asano staring at me with a pitiful look. I lowered my eyes, I wanted his help, but I can't ask for it. It was so awkward for me. But I unconsciously asked him.

"Asano....umm..can you help me out please?"

He smiled at me "With pleasure"

Saying he bought his chair closer and sat beside me. His face was....so close to me. I slapped my face with both hands on my stupudic thoughts. He was looking at me. He probably thought I'm a stupid. But like I care. I focused on his explanation and started jotting them down on my notebook.

No doubt he was so good, that's why he was the top student. Can I ever beat him? I suck at maths....
I felt sad when I doubted my abilities. But then he spoke up, breaking the silence between us.

"Do you hate me for any reason Y/N?" Asano said with a slight sad tone in his voice.

"I-I don't hate you.....its just that..."

"Its just that?" he questioned me back with a serious look on his face now.

"I just want to beat you in studies, nothing else. So you're my rival"

He laughed off after hearing my last sentence. I looked at him with a surprised look, I thought that he might mock me for having such a dream or something like that, but he didn't. I sighed and started writing on my notebook again.

"Can we still be friends?" he asked looking at me with a smile.

"S-sure we can be" I said nodding my head slightly.

*End*

Author: So here's my second chapter, Asano and reader became friends with each other. But still she sees him as her rival. Let's see what happens next! I'll try to update it by today again! Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!
See ya loves!
Love Summer~