Chapter Two

-The Next Day-

"Why are you going through so much trouble to help me? Or whatever you're trying to do?"

"I just really don't want to go back to work." I tell her. Then the doctor walks in.

"Okay, Leah. You're all back to good health. Now I suggest you get some help with your depression. This kind of stuff can be really dangerous. Your lucky this boy saved you, and is still here with you." He looks at me and smiles, then looks down at his clipboard. "Oh look, it seems that your release date is today. You can leave whenever you like." He walks over to her bed and takes off all the wires and tubes that were connect to her.

"Okay, your all set to go. I hope I don't see you anytime soon." He says to Leah and walks out the room.

"So, what now?" I ask her awkwardly.

"Well I gotta go home. My parents are probably not wondering where I am." She says getting put the bed and grabbing her clothes, her stained clothes.

"You can't wear those."

"Why not?" She turns around and looks at me.

"They're stained. Come on, let's go shopping." She nods her head and puts the clothes on the table.

"No. You've done so much for me, I can't let you do that. I can change when I get home."

"Your parents will ask why your wearing blooded stained clothes." I protest.

"I don't care. They can ask whatever they want, I won't answer." She grabs her clothes and walks into the bathroom and closes the door. Then opens it again and pops her head out.

"Thanks, it was nice to know you. Bye."

"Bye." I said and left with that. She can be a really stubborn person you know. But a really nice person at the same time.

*

*

*

I look far ahead of me and see a park. You know I am just walking, cause I'm bored and see a park. I head toward that direction. The sound of children screaming and crying reaches my ears, and I laugh. I don't know why, I just laugh.

I climb a tree and sit on one of the branches. I can see the whole entire park from here. I look up at the other trees and see a whole bunch of birds sitting on the top of the tree. I look further down and see Leah looking up at the birds. She is just standing there, staring at them, admiring there existence. I look up at the birds again and see them chirping at one another, communicating with each other. They are so small, but so amazing. I climb down the tree and walk over to Leah.

"Hey, Leah." She looks at me and smiles.

"Hey Noah, aren't they amazing?" She points up to the little birds.

"They sure are." I say then sit down in the grass. And she does the same.

"So, you live around here?"

"Yeah, I guess. I went out walking and came across this park and then found you." Luckily.

"Oh, that's cool." She says awkwardly.

"Yeah.." I say making the situation even more awkward.

"So...what now?"

"I don't know?" I shrug and look over to her. "What do you want to do?"

"Climb trees?"

"Sure."