READ!

HAY GUYS!! I'm putting on the epilogue tomorrow!! But for now I started a new book, its an action and doesn't have a name yet. I haven't even given the book a name yet... But its really cool haha.

Here is the prologue for the book, please read it and tell me what you think :D I personally think its going to be a better book than specially mixed since I'm a bit more experienced haha

Thanks guys! Love you!

***

It was a beautiful spring morning, there were flowers everywhere and bees were humming with appreciation. There were a few clouds in the sky, there was light wind blowing, making the leaves on the trees rattle against each other.

I watched everything with wide open eyes, gleaming with amazement. I watched a few squirrels running around in the trees and I even saw a butterfly with beautiful blue wings landing on white flower.

I was sitting on a bench in the park, glancing around at everything that caught my little twelve year old minds attention. I saw that the sun was about to set, when I heard my mum calling my name. “Melonique! Sweetheart we’re leaving! Come here!” She yelled to me.

I quickly jumped off of the park bench and ran towards her as fast as my legs could carry me. My abnormal white and wavy hair flew in the wind as I ran towards my Mum and Dad. They were waiting for me at the beginning of the park, warm smiles gracing their features while their hands were entwined with each other’s.

I giggled and jumped into my Father’s welcoming arms. He chuckled and swung me onto his back, giving me a piggy back ride. We walked calmly to our car, my parents having a light conversation with each other while I was clinging to my Father’s back. I stared at the scenery we passed with fascination, I have always liked nature. That was until, I saw a dark shadow of a person behind a tree. He was standing there hidden in the shadows. With my young mind, I thought that the sun and shadows were playing a trick on my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, once, twice and then a third time, before looking again. When I looked to the same spot, I didn’t see any strange shape or shadow, it probably really was the sun playing a trick on me.

Even though I thought it was the sun, I felt my unease grow from the very pit of my stomach. I tried to ignore the warning bells going off in my head and turned my head to the other side and closed my eyes. I slowly inhaled and smiled when I smelt my Father’s familiar scent, it comforted me immensely, making me relax and silently fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon. Mum probably decided to spoil us again with breakfast. I opened my electric blue eyes slowly, still not seeing clearly with sleep in my eyes; I thought I saw a shadowy shape of a person in the corner of my room…rubbing my eyes, I opened them wide in fright but again the shadow in the corner of my room had disappeared.

I looked around and realised that my Father probably placed me in my bed last night. I stretched my arms a bit and then stood up. I quickly made my bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen. I saw mum placing the bacon on the plates with some eggs and toast, my Father was reading the newspaper with a deep frown on his face.

I quietly sneaked behind my Dad and peaked over his shoulder, to see what was troubling him so early in the morning.

Murdered teenager found.

Apparently Ben was last seen yesterday, leaving his friends in the park to go home after his mother called him. He was found early this morning in the bushes of the park by a little girl of about six years old, she was trying to find her Frisbee to play with her dog; instead she found poor Ben’s body lying in between the thickets. She screamed at the sight of blood and ran to her mother in fear. Her mother, concerned about her daughters findings ran to the scene, and found the young boy’s body. She immediately called the police and an ambulance. The police and ambulance arrived at the scene a few minutes later. The Medical workers tried to save the boys life but couldn’t, he was proclaimed dead at the scene. There were two long and deep cuts on the front of his body, creating an ‘X’. Seven of his rib bones were broken by the slashes, and it cut clean through most of his organs. Two slashes and the boy was killed. The death was proclaimed a murder. Police have warned citizens to stay in large groups in the neighbourhood when they are not in their homes. The police and investigators are still working on the scene for more leads.