Chapter 33 - Arrested

Something was... off.

                It had been two days since Yoongi was arrested. His involvement was, of course, a shock to all of us. I knew he had some made some bad choices and knew some bad people, but there was one problem with Yoongi causing so much trouble.

                He didn't have a motive.

                Honestly, why would he want to scare [Y/N] in the first place? She hadn't threatened him. Heck, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have the extra cash coming in from lessons. Her family had no relations to his. He wasn't a loyal citizen to anyone.

                Why would Yoongi go through so much trouble?

                And if he had, in fact, hated her enough to go through the trouble, why did he suddenly show up to turn himself in?

                That wasn't the most confusing part, though. What I really didn't understand is why King Jin – the most paranoid human being I'd ever known – hadn't contacted me at all during the last two nights. When Y/N was going to show up at our door, he came to me two or three times a day. When she had arrived, he came to me nightly.

                Now Yoongi was arrested and... nothing.

                Something was off.

                I went to the kitchen and ordered for Jin's favorite cup of chamomile. With tray in hand, I had one of his guards knock on his bedroom door.

                "Who is it?"

                "Taehyung, Your Majesty."

                "Taehyung? Come in."

                The door was opened for me. Jin was sitting on the small table at the foot of his bed, reading a book. He closed it as I put the tray down.

                "What's all this?"

                I smiled, pouring him a cup of tea. "I wanted to check on you, Sir. It's been a couple of days since Yoongi was arrested. I was worried about your health."

                Your mental health.

                He laughed. "You're too kind, Taehyung. I'm fine."

                I handed him the cup and he sipped. He really was at peace. The lines in his face were gone. His shoulders were relaxed. I hadn't seen him so at peace since...

I couldn't even remember.

                "Perhaps I was inappropriately concerned." I commented. "You seem well rested. I thought Yoongi's sudden actions may have made you uneasy."

                He took another sip, tapping his finger against the table. "Yes. Yoongi's decisions were... unfortunate."

                I raised an eyebrow. That was an incredible under-reaction for Jin.

                "But now he's arrested and [Y/N] is safe." He continued. "I feel much better now that it's been taken care of."

                "And you're positive Y/N is safe?"

                He smirked. "Of course. I've interrogated Yoongi thoroughly. He's cooperated and given us all the necessary information."

                I filled his cup again. "Is that so? I suppose you would be very thorough."

                "You doubted?"

                I folded my hands behind my back. "Of course not, Your Majesty. I was simply troubled by mixed information I had gotten. When Y/N was first attacked, you had told us that you investigated the staff, however, when I spoke with the kitchen workers and the maintenance crews, they said they hadn't been asked any questions."

                The charming face Jin wore suddenly dropped. "What are you implying, Taehyung?"

                My heart jumped in my chest, but I smiled. "Nothing, Your Majesty. I was just concerned."

                His hand tightened around his cup. "It's nothing you need to concern yourself anymore with. Understand?"

                I nodded and bowed. "Of course, Sir. I'll leave you to your evening, if there's nothing else."

                With his polite nod, I turned and left, the door closing behind me.         

                Jin was hiding something.

                But what?