false alarm | short story

inspired by The Weeknd song, False Alarm.

she liked to strut around.

it was an infamous tendency of hers, letting the world know she was superior. today however, she was lace clad, her jet black ensemble solidifying the emotions she couldn't convey elsewhere.

they wondered why she had a change of heart all of a sudden. she was always cloaked in nose blinding perfume, stocked in regal cloths. it was different, unexpected.

they didn't like it. they didn't like that she was too predictable, ordinary like themselves.

to them, she had always been an enigma, finding comforts in the solitude of her own home. she had managed to rake up enough clout to make a hundred men line up for her, only to shoo them away with a single slice of her tongue.

it made them think long and hard. what could make her join them in normalcy, to love human beings for once?

the truth was, she didn't.

the briefcase she'd been heaving around all this time cracked open, spilling out the money she'd been so desperate to hide.

embarrassment coated her face, as she bent down to pick up the paper, crumpled from the impact of the suitcase.

the long duration of staring contests ended, as people broke their gazes away, resuming normal activity. it had been nothing new, and they were thankful for it. it was a dark philosophy, one that always sung normalcy to them, yet managed to haunt her constantly.

it was a dark philosophy indeed.

A/N hey guys, what did you think of this one? i love False Alarm, and ever since i made up my mind that i was going to start this book, i've been wanting to write this, and its finally here! i'm actually really proud of this one.

also, if you loved this book, please do check out my other book, Slippery Hearts, because it means a lot <3 (and because i like to engage in shameless self advertising, lol). thanks, and bye!

love, AMARA.