{21} Tropical Juice

X

"Do you want a drink?" Blake yelled over the loud music thumping repetitively, and harsh drumming of my heartbeat.

"Yeah, bring it on, my homeboy." I yelled back, using hand gestures to express my enthusiasm.

"Alright, princess. Stay here." Blake grinned, moving towards the bar on the far left, leaving me to mingle amongst the sweaty bodies.

I blinked when I accidentally glared right into one of the blinking lights from up above, attached to the ceiling as they swung in sync.  Glancing up towards the disco ball, I spun around, averting eye contact to the shoe that had just trod across my strappy heels.

"Hey, watch it." I muttered, stepping away from the dark-haired girl, who swung around to analyse who had just spoken.

"So--I was about to apologise but I'm not that apologetic at all." She paused, to rub her nose with the back of her hand, "Gosh, you're just always in my way. Moveeee."

I crossed my arms upon my chest, unsatisfied with the drunken girl I was currently in the presence of. I scanned her appearance, the silver velvet heels and the velvet white dress she had on, reaching mid-thigh, along with a matching choker strapped around her neck. Her hair had evidently been straightened, but it had lost its curtain effect, leaving waves at the end of each strand.

"You look a mess." I simply stated, scowling as I trailed my eyes back up to her face.

"Tell me, bitch. Tell me." Madison laughed bitterly, running a shaky hand through her hair, "Well, I'm going to go find my friends."

"Here's your drink." Blake said, tapping my shoulder causing my eyes to move to him.

"Thanks." I hummed in response, Madison bumping shoulders with me as she stumbled past me.

"Yo, Maddy!" Blake cheered, slinging a lazy arm upon her shoulders, "Didn't even see you there."

"Hey, Blake. Have you seen Aaron?" Madison questioned, leaning into his side as she ran a lazy hand through her hair.

"Yeah, he's at the bar."

"Thanks, I'll catch you later." She winked at him before sauntering off towards a group of girls lounging on the couches.

Blake's eyes lingered on her for a little longer than necessary, unknowingly causing a smirk upon my face. As he slowly turned to face me again, and saw my smirk, he scratched the back of his head nervously before speaking.

"Eh, so what's going on between you and Jake?" Blake decided to ask, causing a scowl upon my face along with a tingling feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"Nothing." I responded, taking a long sip from the drink I had in my hands.

My features scrunched up in confusion, as I glanced down at the drink in my hand. Swirling the yellow liquid in the red solo cup, I turned to Blake in confusion. Holding up my cup questioningly, he released a loud laugh, attracting attention from a few people around us.

"It's tropical juice."

"What?"

"Your drink, it's Tropical Juice."

"So you're telling me, you served me fucking Tropical Juice at a party?" I asked threateningly, carefully waving the cup before me in distaste.