27; 'God Save Whoever Witnesses Our Reunion'

Start from the beginning

"You have other friends, right?" I ask, chuckling a little when he pulls a face as if he'd eaten something sour.

"All the teachers here are twice my age, all the girls ask me inappropriate questions, half of the male population want to kill me, while the other half act like they rule the school." I grin a little, listening to him whine about the people he was around.

"Like Blake?" I ask, smirking a little.

"Especially Blake," he says, nodding frantically. "Although, since you've been with him there have been less students going to the infirmary," he chuckles, smiling sweetly at me.

"What can I say," I tease, placing my hands under my chin and smiling sweetly. We both laugh for a moment, enjoying the normalcy between us. Honestly, I don't think we could ever have had a normal student and teacher relationship because of how his first day went.

"But on a serious note, I hope you do well and get into your dream uni, or job. What ever path you take, I hope it's everything you want and more," he hums, patting my shoulder.

"I'll miss you," I offer, smiling sadly at him.

"I'll miss you too," he says, mirroring my smile. I throw my arms around him, hugging him quickly, but he reciprocates the action. "Hopefully I'll see you soon."

I nod in response, smiling widely at him once more before I grab my bag and leave the classroom, taking one last glance back at the small room that became one of my favorite places in the school.

I had a moment with Miss.Morrison earlier in the day, hating the fact that English Lit was no longer part of my life. Of course I was going to read and enjoy literature, but it wouldn't be the same without Miss.Morrison scrutinizing every word of a sentence, squeezing every last drop of emotion onto a page.

I walk to the front of the school where my little group of friends stand, waiting for me. I look up at the arch as I pass under it. "I'm a little disappointed that it didn't crumble while we were here," I say, approaching my friends at the bottom of the steps.

"As much as I would love to have seen it come crashing down, that arch will stand to let more people wonder when it will kill someone," Liam says, smiling my way. I chuckle a little at his description, but realize that the new students in the fall will spend the next 7 years also wondering when it will finally fall.

Blake pecks my cheek, wrapping his arm around me. "You've been crying," he whispers into my ear. I chuckle nervously, shaking my head in denial. "Don't lie," he says sternly, looking down at me.

"I actually like some of the people here," I retort, huffing. I cross my arms over my chest in a childish tantrum.

"So did I, but it just so happens that they're all here with me right now," he says, shrugging. I look around our little group of friends and grin. Toby had Kira here, which was surprising, but I didn't question it. Paige and Liam were leaning against the wall, hand in hand. Blake had his arm wrapped around my waist, holding me close. I realized how much we had all been through this past year.

"If you could go back to the beginning of the year and do something differently, what would it be?" I ask, seemingly out of nowhere. Everyone looks at me weirdly.

"I would have told Paige how I felt sooner," Liam speaks first, grinning down at Paige, obviously starstruck and completely smitten with her. She blushes a little, but doesn't look away, instead leaning up and pecking his lips.

"I would have never gone on that holiday during spring break," Paige shrugs. "Yeah, it was fun, but it seemed all the excitement was here. Plus, I didn't enjoy doing certain things without you guys." I chuckle, leaning over and hugging her.

"I wish I never treated other girls the way I had," Toby says, his breath hitching. "I wish I just wasn't such an ass and waited, because now I've got Kira and I could never imagine someone treating her the way I treated other girls, and now I know somewhat how brothers and fathers must of felt when their daughters were heart broken." I look at him a little sadly, but Kira wraps her arms around him, hugging him tightly, earning a smile from him. I was so happy for them, and she was the best person I could have ever wished for Toby.

"I wouldn't never have bet on your love," Blake mumbled, and everyone went quiet. He turned to look at me, both his arms snaking around my waist, pulling me closer. "I wish I never gambled our feelings." He nods, leaning down and pecking my lips.

"I wouldn't change a damn thing," I admit, smiling lightly as he frowns. "Without everything that happened we wouldn't be where we are now."

"It might have been better," he points out.

"Sure," I admit. "But then we might also have nothing to do with each other because you never made that first contact; that first interaction where you saw me and decided that I had to fall for you."

"You'd still hate happiness," Toby points out to Blake.

"And Zoey wouldn't be a sassy little mare without you," Liam says, winking at me. I flip him the finger, and he goes hysterical. "There! Like that! She would never have done that a year ago!"

"Forever my favorite drama queen," I hum, smiling fondly. I look back up at Blake, tilting my head. "We wouldn't be here, right now."

"I love you," he whispers, leaning down and kissing me softly, our lips moving in perfect harmony.

"I love you too."

"Get a damn room!" Toby and Liam shout together. We all turn to the two, and everyone starts laughing loudly.

"God save whoever witnesses our reunion."

A/N

I know, short chapter but that was the end of this book. I'm sorry for ending so badly but I didn't know how to wrap it all up. 

I hope you all enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I know I'm not the best author and I don't have the most original idea, but I really enjoyed just being able to write again.

Comment, vote, follow, or just ignore me if you want. I love you all, and thank you for joining me on the roller coaster relationship of Zoey Green and Blake Dixon.

See you soon, my lovelies!