Luke; Entrance

He kicked at a pebble, sending it skittering through the dust-ridden town. Lifting the toe of his pointed boot, he gouged holes into the drying earth. He gazed at the destruction around him. A thin smile slid across his face. Edifices lay is dilapidated heaps. The crumbling bricks falling like light snow. The pathway that once cut through the heart of the small town ran red like a river. The ground soaked with blood. He turned away from the carnage, his stomach churning at the sight. Eyes like cold flints he surveyed his army. Green skinned goblins loped through the town, their pointed droopy ears pieced with golden hoops. Their eyes bulged, the murky surface the color of the swaps of Rethi. Heavy footfalls echoed through the town, a silence too eerie to comprehend. Giants and ogres prowled the outskirts of town, their enormous shapes stood like mountains in the distance.

"Azureine," he snapped his fingers and called in a voice like frost.

A rush of air blew past him, the bangs obscuring his face shifted in the breeze. With one hand, he re-centered his mask. Under the layers of porcelain and Sitrive (a light, sturdy metal) his expression was apathetic. His mask was a night navy, streaks of silver ran across his face like scars, as light and airy as the wings of a thrush.

The dragon beside him snorted, jets of fire spouting from slits on the top of her snout. He reached out a hand and gently stroked her scales, her golden eye traced his movement.

"Let's leave," he whispered quietly. She tossed her head in agreement.

"It is wise to leave now," she hissed, her voice like grating metal.

"Prince Luke?" a growling voice met his ears as he mounted Azureine.

"What is it?" he snapped, growing impatient.

The goblin gestured around the remnants of the town,

"The village has been plundered. What would you like his to do next?"

He turned to face the goblin, his eyes smoldering behind the mask.

"Burn it. Burn it all."

And then he was gone. Only the rustle of the wind heralded his departure.