CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS

Start from the beginning

---------

I grinned as Polly thanked me for the shower, she hugged me tightly smiling widely at me. "I'm happy to help Polly, this is your day" I smiled, "thank you" she said. I nodded before walking behind my couch, I itched to take off my heels, they're a little to small and are cutting up my heels.

Something was placed in front of me, I looked and saw it was a stand with small cookies and cupcakes on each plate. I turned seeing Jughead standing next to me, I grinned and leaned up kissing him catching him in a smile.

I pulled back "you're sweet to be here, I know this isn't exactly your scene" I said, "what? Organising a baby shower? It's totally on my bucket list" he smirked "you're beginning to sound like Kevin" I giggled. "Am I now?" He chuckled, "no, not really" I smirked giving him a quick peck on the cheek while he snaked his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"Where's your mom, I thought she'd be helping out?" Jughead asked, "she isn't here, I've been calling and texting but she didn't come back when she left early this morning" I sighed rubbing my eyes. "Where do you think she went?" He asked, "not sure, she's probably just running late. Or she's just stuck at the hospital" I guessed.

"Yeah, maybe" Jughead shrugged.

"We're here!" A voice called as the door burst open, I turned seeing Cheryl and Penelope walked inside. A large black baby carriage being pushed by Cheryl, and Nana Rose being pushed in her wheelchair by Penelope.

"No big deal, it's only the best stroller money can buy" Cheryl grinned "so expensive" Polly said her eyes wide.

"All I ask in return is that you make me your baby's godmother" Polly's eyes widened to the size of marbles, "kidding" Cheryl giggled "so not kidding" she said taking the wheelchair from Penelope "come on, Nana Rose. Let's get you a good spot by the food"

I could see the hold Betty had on Alice's arm, a forced smile on both their faces. "How long until you think Blossoms and Cooper's are going to last" a voice said from behind me, I turned and saw Marcus behind me.

"Fifteen minutes tops" I smirked, "I bet ten" he said. "You're on" I replied. I fully turned around so I could see both Juggie and Marcus.

"Marcus you've met Jughead of course" I said "yeah, dating my little sister huh?" Marcus smirked, I shot him a look. "Yes I am" Jughead said, he patted Jughead's shoulder "not to smug and isn't a total douche, you're not a jock are you?" He asked. Jughead shook his head "good, we all know what happened to the last one" Marcus chuckled, my eyes widened at Marcus "oh, um you don't know do you"

"No" Jughead said, "you wanna tell him Anna?" Marcus asked. "I'm going to have to know aren't I" I snapped, I turned back to Jughead his eyes holding unanswered questions.

"I went on a-"

"Presents!" Cheryl squeaked, I've never been so thankful for Cheryl. Good now I can stall for a little longer.

I quickly moved away from Jughead and Marcus and sat down next to Cheryl, "you okay, you have bags under your eyes?" She asked. "I'm okay Cheryl" I said smiling softly at her. Polly opened her presents including mine which was a large scrap book with baby elephants and giraffes on the front.

"Anna, this is beautiful" she smiled holding it to her chest "I thought that everyday is special with the baby, why not remember all of it with a baby album" I smiled.