Chapter 35: Athena's Return

Start from the beginning

Tony's eyes widened seeing the area were a crew was working furiously in removing rocks from the top. He was confused, he knew Athena had sent him a sign that she was alright amongst Gods that he'd never seen, this was new.

"She's been here this entire time?" He panicked.

"We won't know until she's out," Coulson said.

Tony paced back and forth watching the crew getting closer to uncover Athena. He grew anxious knowing that he would have his daughter in his arms soon.

A dimension away, the Gods of Olympus watched the scene seeing as the humans tried to uncover Athena's body.

"She's putting on quite a show," Hermes said sarcastically at which Apollo snorted.

"It does have to look convincing," Artemis reminded them, "plus she's meditating, hopefully she's done soon."

Back to the site, another quake started to occur, this one was more intense. The crew quickly scurried away from the cave as rocks started tumbling down. The powerful surge made everyone hide for cover.

"I think she's ready to come out!" Coulson said above the chaos.

A powerful blast erupted that the Earth shook violently. Athena was free.

She rose from the ground, her eyelids adjusting to the light. She had meditated enough to gain her strength which surged on every vein she had in her body. The tingling sensation of power didn't leave her. In her blurry vision she saw one man, running desperately towards her, it was only seconds later that she realized it was her dad.

"Dad?" She blinked and stepped forward.

"Nina!" Tony collided with her and took her in his arms.

"Dad!" Athena now cried realizing that one of the most important person in her life and who she truly missed was non other than Tony Stark. Her dad, even though he wasn't biologically her father. He raised her and made her who she was today. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too sweetheart!" He cradled her head and hugged her tightly, never wanting to let go. Athena will always be his daughter no matter what other people say. Tony had been long criticized for having Athena be his heir to the company for a long time. To him it didn't matter if he wasn't her biological father, he had taken her in when he was barely an adult to raise her and that enough made him a father.

"We must take her in for debriefing," Agent Sitwell said.

Coulson gave him a look, "she just reunited with her father, give them time."

Director Fury walked up to both Athena and Tony, "Stark, take your daughter home and rest, I'll be expecting to see you in a week Agent Starkenios for debriefing."

Athena nodded, "thank you sir, your compassion is appreciated."

"Thank you Fury," Tony sincerely thanked him and guided Athena away.

"Sir, but she needs to be debriefed? We can't simply let her go," Agent Sitwell said.

"Should I remind you of your place, Agent Sitwell? My word is final, she will return in a week! Now clean this place up!"
•••

Days have passed, Athena was back into her routine in no time, but now on Stark tower instead of her Malibu home with her dad. She was reunited with Pepper and Happy who watched over her, and had a closer relationship with her dad. He had given her, her own floor on Stark tower and were working together for the tower to have clean energy. Athena had not discussed her disappearance with Tony, yet. He believed he had to cherish these moments now more than ever because the risk of loosing his daughter would only break his heart. He had suffered immensely, which he imagined was the same way Athena must have suffered the same way when he disappeared in Pakistan years ago. At the moment, he didn't care where she had been. He knew all along that she was safe, and that was what mattered to him.

"Well, we are done, we should get results of the interface soon, is there anything else you had in mind dad?" Athena swirled in her chair after finishing schematics.

"Nope, you are free to go, I have somethings to talk to Pepper about the company, so enjoy it kid, I'll be expecting you back in an hour," Tony said finishing diagnostics.

Athena ran to her dad and hugged him from behind as he still sat in his chair, "thank you, thank you dad!" She kissed his cheek and skipped to the door, "I'll be back, I promise!"

"You better be, don't let me go into cardiac arrest again!"

"Wouldn't dream of it! Bye!"

Happily, Athena exited Stark tower and walked towards the nearby cafe and sat in one of the tables as her usual waitress served her coffee.

"Waiting on someone Nina?" The blonde waitress said as she poured coffee into the cup.

"Yeah, Harry, I haven't seen him in forever!" Athena said enthusiastically.

"Ah, the boyfriend! I thought the handsome tall blonde guy you came with a couple of months ago was your boyfriend,"  the waitress placed another menu on the table for Harry spot.

"Who?" Athena said confused, then it came to her, "oh Steve..."

"Steve? He was dreamy!"

Athena blushed, "he's not my boyfriend, just a friend..."

"Ahh we'll forget everything I said, because here comes Harry," the waitress gestured towards him and left to check on her other tables.

A couple of tables away was Steve. He was sitting down with a sketchbook on the table as he looked ahead and drew architectural designs. He liked coming to this particular cafe because of the scenery, he would never had known this place if it wasn't for Athena who had invited him a while ago.

Thinking about Athena, he realized she was sitting a few tables ahead of him. He quickly got nervous and straightened up. She was talking with a waitress and she looked beautiful, Steve couldn't look away.

"Didn't I tell you to ask her out son?" An elderly man sitting on the table next to him questioned him. He hadn't changed at all.

Steve smiled, "she's uhh...she's not..." he stopped talking to see Athena's boyfriend walk up to give her a kiss and sit with her. Steve put his head down uncomfortably.

"That boy does not deserve her,"

Steve looked to the old man again, "excuse me?"

The old man gestured to the couple, "Athena Stark deserves better than the son of millionaire who doesn't share the same ideals she has, that girl is a gifted young lady..."

Steve looked again towards Athena and Harry and sighed. He shook the old mans hand and left a twenty dollar bill on the table for the waitress. His mind now clouded with the memory of Athena.

•••••••••••

And we are back! Thank you guys for sticking by, and get excited. Things are going to get juicy!

Let me know what you think!