Plot Twist! Part Dos!!

“This is the end?” Zabuza begins to laugh lowly. “You won’t be able to defeat me with your usual imitation techniques, I can assure you that.” Kakashi stiffens, the blade pressing deeper into Zabuza’s throat. “I see you copied my water clone technique. You avoided my attention by making your clone speak as if it was the real you while you used the Mist Concealment technique to hide and observe my movements. However,”

Another Zabuza appears behind Kakashi. “I’m not that easy to defeat.”

The Zabuza in front of Kakashi pops like a balloon, the water splashing around. Zabuza swings out with his sword and Kakashi ducks, the blade scarcely missing the tips of his silver spikes. The blade slams into the ground, tip digging into the earth several inches, and Zabuza twists around. Grabbing the hilt with his other hand, Zabuza kicks out and sends Kakashi flying. Zabuza rips his sword from the earth’s clutches and darts forward towards the area Kakashi flew into.

I twitch. Do I distract him?

Answer: Yes. I can’t let him use his Water Prison technique.

 Jumping away from the kids, I land mere inches from the large man, nails raking through the air towards the man’s skin. He swings back with his elbow and I duck, kicking out with my foot. He leaps into the air and I jump up after him, claws raking along his collar bone.

Grunting, Zabuza moves back-away from me-and holds his sword out. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“And yet you try to anyways.” I growl, crouching low.

“I haven’t even touched you.” He grunts. “How would I hurt you?”

“By hurting the ones I love.” I dash forward and duck under his block, knuckles just missing his ribcage. He dives towards the water and I growl, grabbing the blade of his sword to pull him back. I ignore the searing sensation in my hands, ignore the fresh wave of gut twisting pain and nausea as I twirl him around once and send him flying into a tree.

My blood drips to the floor, making a small puddle around my feet, and I look to my mangled hands. Blood blisters up through the puckered gash marks and stains the rest of the skin on my palms.

“Alex!” I hear Kakashi shout.

I turn towards the water, only to find my fear come true. Kakashi is entombed in a giant globe of water, staring at me with wide eyes, and Zabuza watches me intensely. The Zabuza that I was fighting with appears behind me, sword angled to slice my throat.

“I thought you didn’t want to hurt me?” I ask dully.

“I lied.”

I jerk back with my elbow, catching the clone in the ribs, and twist away from him. The sword clangs against my headband, scarcely missing the bandaged skin beneath, and I grab it’s hilt. It weighs a ton and I struggle to hold it steady.

“Kaka-Baka!” I call to the jonin. “We need to get me one of these!”

I swing out easily, the blade slicing through the clone’s neck with a single motion. Both morph into water and splash against the ground, the liquid tinged pink.

Zabuza creates another two other clones. One to distract me while the other is to kill off my students. “You three have on ninja headbands as if you’re ninja. But the term ninja is used to describe someone who has gone through numerous life and death situations. In other words, you three can call yourselves ninja when your names appear in my bingo book.”

 “You three aren’t ninja.” He raises his two fingers to his lips. The mist grows thicker.

“Naruto! Sakura! Sasuke!” I shout, trying to find them through the mist. I hear the hard wet sound of something hitting flesh and slumping to the ground. Something metal clangs against the ground.