Chapter 15: The Past That Haunts

Start from the beginning

JENNIFER/OO9 POV

I felt my body against a cold floor. I slowly opened my eyes, the first thing I see is an iron door. I look around to see myself and the others tied up, we were each in a corner. I hiss as I feel pain at the back of my head, I must have been hit by a bat. I stretch my legs that had been still for who knows how's long. I look around and noticed that there wasn't even a camera in the room nor a window at the door.

I stretch my left arm till it reaches my right thigh belt. I open the pocket and took out the Karambit knife Iris had traded with me for Shiro for this mission. I started slicing through the ropes, a few minutes of effort later I finally got it. I reached towards my ear for my earpiece which was disguised as a earring. It was gone, they must've thought the diamonds on it were real. I took out my phone which I had hidden in my dress. I open up the application that was specifically designed for this. Iris was near, very near in fact. I got up and walked towards one of the walls until 2 of the lights on the screen were next to each other. Iris was just right behind this wall! I started knocking on it, hoping it catches her attention.

I take Kuroo out and shot the wall. It leaves a hole in the wall and I quickly peep through it.

"Phantom?" I call out.

"She's not here." Someone laughs.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"Looking for this?" Through the hole I see a hand holding up a jewel brooch, it was Iris'.

"I've been," I watch as a man appeared in my line of sight, he was holding a white box over his mouth and as he removed it, "looking for you." The voice was much deeper now, I look in their hand to see a voice changer. I recognized it, I immediately turned aggressive.

"Why are you here? You shouldn't even deserve to live."

He laughs with his deep vocals, "Don't be like that now, aren't we family?"

I snapped, "You were never my family! You never cared! You just wanted my inheritance! You are just a greedy and selfish man!"

He clicks his tongue in a scolding manner, "I just wanted what was best for you."

I punch the wall and it leaves a dent, "Best for me?! You left me for the dogs!"

His patience ran out and he shouts back, "You were a disgrace to the family! I had to change you!"

A disgrace? The true disgrace was him. He took everything from me. He took everything and left me nothing. He took mother away. I blink away the tears that came from either my anger or sadness. He was only calling me a disgrace because I couldn't earn money to support us, for god's sake I was only 8!

Mother gave me her everything when she died, she already had suspicions of Fa-, him, cheating on her when her cancer got worse. She wrote a will, saying 100% of her wealth goes to me. He was of course furious. I shake my head, refusing to remember the wimp I was back then. "C'mon now Gen, let by gones be by gones. Let's start over, I'll let you and your friends go." I didn't trust him, not one bit.

"You still haven't told me why you're here."

My voice was stone cold, since long ago I had lost all feelings towards him. He doesn't deserve any.

"Watch your tone Missy, I am still your father." His voice turns stern. I laughed, I may have appeared crazy, but I laughed.

"My father? Since when?" I felt my feelings fade away, I let my lust for blood take over.

"Maybe I'll acknowledge you when you truly care for me. When you truly understand what I want. But its too late now, it's been 7 years." I glare at him with eyes of hatred. He was dumbfounded when I laughed but it was clear that he was angry right now.