Chapter 11 - The End

Start from the beginning

Speaking of dates though, my cousin Kasper actually scored himself a one. He decided to give up on Chad because Charming is the straightest boy to exist and he instead decided take a friend for a date. He asked Jane since she didn't have someone to take and he wanted her to have a fun time since she worked so hard on planning everything. There is nothing romantic to come from that though. Kasper is way too into guys for that to happen. If our other cousin Erika were to take Jane well that would have been a different story.

The last song finished up as we saw everyone taking their places for the ceremony aspect of cotillion to begin. Everyone got quiet as the six of us stood next to each other waiting for Ben and Mal to come out. The trumpets were blown as Lumiere was about to introduce them from the top of the steps.

"The future Lady Mal," he announced as Mal walked out she looked absolutely terrified but beautiful.

"Whoo!" Evie cheered and started clapping which caused a roar of applause from everyone else. That was her best friend up there and Evie is honestly the best and most supportive friend anyone could ask for. Evie went to grab Mal and walk her back to us as we waited for Ben to be announced.

"King Benjamin," he announced as Ben appeared and stood at the top of the steps.

"That's my boy!" I shouted clapping. Ben was Mal and I was Evie, best friends that wanted nothing but the best for each other. God, I love him so much.

Mal and Ben approached each other bowing towards each other as Ben had a weird look on his face for this occasion. You'd think he'd be overjoyed to be with Mal and celebrating this moment. Something doesn't feel right and Carlos could tell I thought something was wrong.

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain," Ben simply stated as Uma walked out by the stairs. What in the world is going on? Please, please don't let Harry be on Auradon as well. I don't know what I'd do if I saw him and I don't trust myself and my emotions that I'd want to find out. Ben walked up towards Uma taking her hand and that's when I knew things didn't add up. This is a load of crap.

"Did Ben tell you about this?" Carlos asked shocked taking a hold of my hand as I shook my head. Once they reached the bottom of the steps, Ben kissed Uma's hand and I noticed his ring on her hand. Ben would never do that. When we dated it took him more than a month for him to offer for me to wear his ring. I smell a spell.

"I'm sorry. It all happened so fast," Ben told Mal as I saw from the side her facial expressions and her heart was breaking. I felt like I was going to be sick seeing Mal like that. It hurt me more than anything. "Something happen to me when I was on the Isle with Uma; a connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal asked.

"I'm saying..." Ben started to say.

"It was love. It was. I just -- I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?" Uma answered her as I was rolling my eyes.

"We are," Ben responded.

"I know," Uma laughed as I looked to Carlos who was absolutely disgusted.

"You are so beautiful," Ben told Uma as Mal was standing there in shock.

"Ben... Ben. Did you go back for her?" Mal questioned as I needed to intervene but Carlos held me back.

"Don't, I don't want Uma saying anything to you. That's the last thing we need," he whispered to me and he was right. One comment about Harry might put me over the edge.

"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer. Ria, Harry would have came along if he could have made it here by swimming, but since he couldn't he wanted me to give this to you. He said you'd know what he meant by it," Uma stated turning to me as she pulled out his hook from her bag and placed it in my hands.