"Okay, like I said before someone interrupted me. Lottie left the party after we talked to find Sirius, but when she did she didn't found him alone. Apparently he was making out with Marlene. So Lottie left them and when she was heading back to the common room she bumped in to Regulus in the corridor and they started talking and hit it off." James said shrugging his shoulder, it was almost the truth.

"You made out with Marlene?!" Remus asked Sirius. After all this years he never thought Sirius would go for Marlene, she had been after him for years and he had shot him down every time.

"It's not what you think." Sirius said trying to defend himself. This was the first time he would get to explain himself if they would listen this time.

"Like I told you before, I don't want to hear it." James said with a glare and Sirius sighed.

"Even if you don't want to listen to what he has to say, he is your best friend." Remus tried saying to James to make him listen.

"But he hurt Lottie." James said back with a look that told him that he should listen, this was his daughter they were talking about and Remus knew that.

"I know. But still listen." Remus said and gave James a look that said 'shut-up-and-listen-to-your-friend'.

"Fine." James huffed out turned to Sirius.

"So explain." Remus said to Sirius and he sighed before he started.

"I didn't kiss Marlene. I went up to the astronomy tower to wait for Charlotte. After a while Marlene showed up and started talking to me. I didn't want to talk to her so I tried to make her leave but she must have heard Charlotte entering because before I could react she threw herself on me and started kissing me. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do and that's when Charlotte came in and saw us together." Sirius said looking at his hands the whole time.

"After Charlotte left I yelled at Marlene for what she did and ran after Charlotte trying to find her. I walked around the castle for what felt like hours trying to find her to explain what she saw. When I found her she was on her way back to the common room and I guess I messed up. Because when I saw that her lipstick was messed up I couldn't think straight. So I guess I yelled at her and she slapped me before she left me standing alone in the corridor." Sirius continued explaining.

"And why should I believe that? You could just have made that up." James said still glaring at Sirius.

"I think he's telling the truth." Remus said thinking back to the night of the party when he saw Sirius in the common room.

"And why is that?"

"Because I saw him when he came back to the common room with a red handprint on his face." Remus said and chuckled a little and James couldn't help but to laugh at this.

"You deserved it." James said chuckling at his friend.

"I know. I just wanted to explain everything, but I just got so mad when I saw that she had kissed someone that wasn't me that I couldn't think straight. And now it's to late." Sirius said with a sigh and sad eyes, he didn't have a chance with her anymore.

"Try to explain everything to her." Remus said with a sad smile at his friend. He knew how much Sirius cared about Charlotte.

"She wont listen to me. Plus that she's with Regulus now." Sirius said and his voice got hard when he said his brothers name. They all knew how much Sirius disliked, no hated, his family.

"Let me talk to her. She'll listen to me." James said looking over at his friend. He felt bad about what Charlotte was doing to him. Now that he knew the truth he had to talk to Charlotte about it.

"Would you do that for me?" Sirius asked and you could see his eyes light up when James told him this.

"Well, you're my best friend." James said and shrugged his shoulder trying to look innocent.

"Thank you so much." Sirius said and smiled at his best friend. He knew that if James wasn't seated on the other side of the table he would hug him right now.

"I'll talk to her after dinner." James said.

"Now we have to get to class, so you can two can talk about this later." Remus said and they all left the table, hurrying to get to the next class.

Later that night after dinner James went out to find Charlotte to tell her the truth about what had happened that night. With help of the map it didn't take long for him to find her in the castle. Ironically she was in the same place where all of this had happened.

"This was the last place I thought I would find you." James said and Charlotte chuckled at him.

"What can I say, the view is amazing here." Charlotte said looking over the grounds, you could really see everything form the astronomy tower.

"That is true." James said and chuckled before turing serious. "It's something I have to tell you."

"Talk." Charlotte said and smiled at her friend.

"I talked to Sirius at lunch and he told me what happened after the party, what really happened."

"I don't know what he said, but I don't want to know it." Charlotte said and eyes turned cold before she turned away from James looking over the ground again.

"Just listen and then you can do what you want." James pleaded with her, he didn't want his friend to hurt anymore.

"I don't want to know." Charlotte said one more time, this turning to leave.

"Marlene set the whole thing up." James hurried to say before she could leave. He knew this would make her listen and he was right. When she heard what he said she froze.

"What did you say?" Charlotte asked and turned around facing James again.

"Marlene set the whole thing up. Sirius told me that he was here waiting for you when she found him and started talking to him. He tried to get her to leave but she didn't. He said that she must have heard you because before he could react she jumped on him and started kissing him. He was so shocked he didn't know what to do and that's when you walked in on them." James explained to her.

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" Charlotte asked with her hands on her hips. In some way she didn't want to believe it. Because if he was right she was doing something horrible to him. She knew how much he hated his brother.

"Yes. He told me how after you left he yelled at her for what she did before running after you to explain everything. But when he found you he snapped when he saw your lipstick. That's why he didn't tell you anything."

Charlotte cursed under her breath. Now she felt terrible about everything. She had to find a plan to get out of this soon.

"I have to get out of this." Charlotte said to James with tears in her eyes.

"I know and I have a plan." James said before hugging her, trying to make her feel better.

"Thank you for helping me." Charlotte said with her head buried in his chest. He had really made her time here easier.

She was really scared for the day that she would have to leave everyone here behind and go back home.

1786 words