TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE_______________________"Ma! Ma! Could you tell us a story?"

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
_______________________
"Ma! Ma! Could you tell us a story?"

"Before you go put Minato and Sarada to bed?"

Nao gave her kids a close-eyed smile, sitting down in front of them on the couch with her four year old in her arms."Of course. From when?"

"From when you knew Papa!" An excited Sarada exclaimed, climbing into her older brother's lap with big eyes.

"Careful, Imōto." Itachi warned his younger sister with a sigh, his onyx eyes flickering down to the five year old.

"You might really break Itachi if you sit on him for too long." Satoshi snickered, leaning back on the carpet using his arms.

The red-head giggled in amusement at her kids.

"Be quiet! And just stay still, Ani!"

The older boys put a finger to their lips, pointing over to their mother.

"The story starts when I was in the Academy with your Uncle Naruto. Back then, we weren't accepted by the village at all." She began, crossing her legs."And your father's family had just passed. Believe it or not, Papa didn't like me at first."

The kids rolled their eyes at the comment."Of course."

"But nonetheless, I still hung out with him everyday. I gave him company when we ate lunch, or when we practiced our kunai throwing and we needed partners, and he learned to tolerate me." Nao took a short breath."But people in my class loathed me, because I was the girl nobody liked, and was able to talk to the most popular kid in school without being told to leave or cursed at. I was beat up everyday."

"Then why'd you continue to be friends with Papa?" Itachi asked his mother with a tilt of his head, his black hair moving with it.

"Yeah. Wouldn't you have unfriended him?" Satoshi butted in.

"No, because I valued friendship more than having skin clear of cuts and bruises." She answered simply."Your father made me feel special. Like I was part of something. He made me happy."

"You made me happy too."

Their heads turned to the entryway to the living room, their faces lighting up at the sight.

"Papa." Itachi gave his father a smile similar to his mother's from when she was a kid, getting up with Sarada to give him a hug.

"Old man!" Satoshi held a thumbs up.

"Mama was telling us a story!" Sarada exclaimed, reaching her hands up to get a lift.

Using his one arm, Sasuke sweeped his daughter up swiftly."I heard."

"I thought you weren't coming back until tomorrow?" Nao put the youngest children on the ground, allowing them to rush over to their siblings.

"Naruto-teme came to help so I could come home early." The Uchiha smiled lightly, leading his kids over to their mother.

"Welcome home, then." She smiled back brightly, her ocean-colored eyes lightening as she gave him an affectionate kiss on the cheek.

"Ew!" The kids shouted, covering their eyes while Itachi grinned at the sight.

"He's my husband." Nao defended herself, looking down at her kids with an amused smile.

"You don't have to kiss in front of us, though!" Sarada frowned.

"Aw, soon you'll be kissing your own husband!" She cooed, bending down to peck her daughter's forehead.

The girl shook her head."Ew! Ew!"

The red-head laughed and looked back over at her husband."I love you."

"I love you too."

NOTES omg the new boruto episode had me triggered and shook (and yes i'm just now watching it don't judge me) and ugh the way sakura walked past sasuke and went straight to sarada without saying anything makes me so happy  idk why

NOTES
omg the new boruto episode had me triggered and shook (and yes i'm just now watching it don't judge me) and ugh the way sakura walked past sasuke and went straight to sarada without saying anything makes me so happy idk why. but i was thinking of making a chapter off of the new episode. should i?

-theanimesociety x