SIX

CHAPTER SIX_________________________

CHAPTER SIX
_________________________

"CAN YOU AT LEAST TELL ME WHERE we're going?"

"Nope! That'd ruin the surprise."

Nao groaned, her lashes brushing against the blindfold that her sensei insisted she wear while they walked. "Kakashi-sensei, you're not kidnapping me are you?" She then asked with a joking smile.

"Very funny." The silver-haired man replied with the same expression.

She shrugged."I'm just saying, you read those Icha Icha Paradise books a lot! Pervy Sage really does know how to-"

"Yeah, yeah."

"...You're reading one right now, aren't you?"

Kakashi laughed nervously."Okay, we're here!"

She was pushed forward into a pair of arms, making her gasp audibly.

"It's just me." Sakura giggled lightly, helping the other girl up.

"Oh, thank god. I thought it was like this stranger." The red-head let out a sigh of relief, crossing her arms behind her back.

"Nice to know how much faith you have in me." Kakashi let out a sarcastic remark, causing the rest of their team to snicker.

"Okay, take off the scarf."

Nao reached up to remove the blindfold, her ocean-like eyes lighting up at the sight. Sasuke in the middle with flowers, his cheeks adorned with a pink tint. Sakura next to him, and Naruto on his left, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's Bestfriend Appreciation Day." Sasuke explained, fiddling with the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"And we forced him to make this incredible gesture." Sakura continued.

"Cause we know you're always happy when you're with him, and he's always happy when he's with you, even if he doesn't show it, dattebayo!" Naruto finished with a grin.

"This is so sweet, ya know!" Nao smiled, wiping the tears that were forming in her eyes away.

"You deserve it. You're really, um," The onyx boy looked to the side, not daring to look the girl in the eye.

"Sakura, why don't you read his speech for him." Kakashi nudged the pinkette, grabbing the piece of paper from the boy's hands.

"This is so unlike me." The Uchiha sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

Nao nodded."You're usually like this really quiet and lonely guy-"

"Let me say what I need to say before you start making fun of me for being an emotionless guy with feelings." He sighed."Or, let Sakura."

The youngest Uzumaki gestured for him to continue.

"You've always been nice to me, even though I always act like a jerk to you." She began, biting her lip to keep herself from giggling.

Nao laughed quietly.

"You always say that you support me no matter what. YYounsay that I should follow my heart, even if it's saying what it shouldn't. And I'm not gonna say all this sappy stuff for very long because frankly I'm not that type of guy." She paused."But you have always been there for me, if it meant taking classes to learn how to cook, so that you could make me my favorite tomato dish, or forcing me to interact with other people because you believed that I shouldn't have to be the lonely guy with no family. I wouldn't be standing here right now, giving you this stupid speech Sakura and Naruto-dobe forced me to write if it wasn't for you. I wouldn't have other people who care for me if it wasn't for you. And for that, I am internally grateful." She finished, letting the paper hang by her side.

By this point, Nao was drowning in tears, pulling the raven-haired boy into a tight hug as she sobbed into his chest, letting her flowers drop to the ground.

"Sasuke-teme must really love Nao, huh?" Naruto adverted his gaze to the two.

"He's not the love type of guy." Kakashi said honestly, continuing to watch the scene before him."But yeah."

"Why are you crying?"

"Y-Your s-speech, Baka!"

The three remaining of the group watched in amusement as Sasuke looked down at the girl with wide eyes, not knowing what to do but hug her back.

"But you know what?" Sakura spoke up, her emerald eyes shining at topic.

"What?"

"Nao must really love him too."