Chapter 16: Ray Sutton

Start from the beginning

"I'm form Florida." The woman narrowed her eyes.

"Well that explains it." Klaus sped over to her, taking her neck in his hand before I could do anything to prevent violence. "Now show a little southern hospitality, sweetpea." He compelled.

Klaus released her neck and waved his hand to me, if the woman wasn't scared before then she was terrified now. "Would you like to come in?" She invited, her voice shaky and her eyes wide. I smiled and nodded before walking past her.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." Another woman remarked as the screen door slammed shut behind us. Klaus must have heard another person, but she went undetected by me. The woman turned around to where Klaus, the woman, and I were standing and she stopped what she was doing. "What's going on?"

The blonde woman continued her heavy breathing while I placed on hand on my hip and leant against the archway. "Don't be alarmed, I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus was the one to answer the tan woman's question.

"He's almost never here." The tan woman told us, her eyes stay focused on her blonde friend, the one Klaus had so kindly compelled. "He's on the road mostly." She shrugged.

Klaus was silent for a moment, taking a few steps forward with the blonde woman's arm held in a steely grip. "I understand he makes it home, once a month." Klaus dropped the slightest of hints with a smirk on his face, the women were silent. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?" The women remained silent. "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you."

With one last smirk from Klaus, the tan woman took off down the hallway. I made a move to chase after her but was stopped by Klaus' hand. "Stefan's got it." He muttered before pushing the blonde woman down the hallway with me following very close behind. The woman screamed when she opened the door and I turned the corner to see my brother standing there. "I love it when they run." Klaus commented and the tan woman turned around.

"He's in Tully." The tan woman gave up the information. "It's near the border, a bar called Southern Comfort. It's off Highway 41." She continued, spilling all the details on the whereabouts of Klaus' werewolf.

The blonde woman was sobbing silently to herself, as she had been for a while. "Thank you my love." Klaus praised before turning to look at the blonde in his grasp. "Now, may my friend come in?"

The woman took a few shaking breaths. "Y-yes." She stuttered and the tan woman looked back to Stefan as he entered the house.

"Kill this one quickly." Klaus ordered, handing the blonde woman over to my brother before glaring at the other one. "Make that one suffer." Taking a last look around, Klaus stepped past my brother. "I'll be in the car. Evangeline, you're coming with me."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, let's go."

-

"You know, you've been mad at me for two months." Klaus announced as I slid into the backseat of the car. I remained silent and looked out the window. "Oh come on, you can't stay mad forever."

"You've turned my brother into a monster, Klaus. I may not be able to stay mad forever, but I can sure as hell give it a shot." I retorted, picking my phone up from the seat and unlocking it.

Klaus turned from the driver's seat. "I haven't done anything, it was his choice."

"We both know there wasn't really a choice. You basically made him decide between his humanity and our brother." I protested. "Even you have to know he'd choose Damon over himself any day, so would I. We all would."

"That's why it's so much better when you don't care, then there's never a choice."

"And everyone you love ends up dead or they hate you."