He placed the Scotch back on the wine rack and swirled the alcohol around in his cup a few times before bringing it up to his lips. He shot me a grin and took a long drink, scrunching his nose up. "Whew, a tough one."

I rolled my eyes and he leaned against the counter, furrowing his brows together. "So, back to what we were talking about. Did the boys ask that, or did you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, my lips parted. As soon as I began to say something, the lights went out.

"You're kidding me," I groaned, and I heard Santiago shuffling around.

"Just stay here until I can see what's going on-"

"The power went out, that's what's going on."

"What an engineer," he deadpanned, sarcasm dripping from his lips as it usually did.

"Okay, I think it's better if you and I avoid eachother as much as we can. Agreed? Good."

I could feel his smirk from across the room, and I just sighed and tried my hardest to navigate myself to my phone.

"Ow," I groaned when I bumped into something hard, and that something happened to be a someone.

I sighed and closed my eyes, pushing myself away from Santiago.

I grabbed my phone finally and looked down at it, and Santiago was looking at his phone.

"Looks like you might be here for a while," he said, and I groaned as soon as I saw that the roads would be closed for another two hours.

"Great," I mumbled, and Santiago shot me a smile that I could see in the dark.

Why was everything so difficult?

~*~

Adora

After four hours, the roads were still closed. I decided it just made more sense to stay the night, so I shot Landon and Brenna a text.

[To:] 5sos or Bust
I'm staying at the Kings' house for the night.

[From:] Lan <3 -5sos or Bust
Ooh! Girl, get some!

[From:] Bren :))) -5sos or Bust
Damn, Lan's right.

[To:] 5sos or Bust
One: wth is wrong with y'all?
Two: Who changed the group name??

[From:] Bren :))) -5sos or Bust
Me, of course!! Ashton af. I mean, honestly those drummer arms... drool worthy. And Luke is getting so jsjsksksjs!! That hair :)) I miss Ashly's hair.

[From:] Lan <3 -5sos or Bust
#Calum #CalPal #Calculator #Calcium #Cally #FckMe #Loml #LiveStripTeasePls

While I was busy texting and laughing, I failed to notice the presence by the door.

"What's so funny?"

I jumped, looking over at the door.

"Hey," I said, "you know, it isn't nice to sneak up on people."

He ignored me, per usual.

"Did Alessandra text or call you at all before the power outage?"

"No, I figured she would've called you by now." I noticed how his jaw muscle clenched.

"I see."

"Hey, I'm sure she has bad reception. You know, with everything the storm is causing."

"You're right," he smiled, but it looked forced.

And with that, he turned around and left.

~*~

Adora

It was bright in the room when I woke up.

A telltale sign that I wasn't in my room.

As I sat up, I remembered the night before. I realized I was in one of the Kings' many guest rooms.

I then felt a little hand on my uncovered belly, and looked to see it was Josiah.

He probably snuck in here sometime in the night.

I slowly jogged downstairs and towards the kitchen.

"Niñera! You sleepted over?" Freddy yelled, hugging me.

"Yes, lovely," I smiled, "come on. Let's go get some breakfast?"

He nodded his head, and we walked the rest of the way to the kitchen hand in hand.

I prepared breakfast and put three plates on the table as Josiah walked in with an ill-looking Santiago.

He was pale compared to his natural, usual dark skin and he had bags under his eyes along with droopy eyelids.

"Good morning, everyone," Santiago announced.

I furrowed my brows and debated what to do.

Should I stay and see if he's alright, or head home? I mean, I don't work today...

No.

Yes, stay and see if he's okay.

No. Definitely not.

"What's the problem, Adora? You stare quite frequently." He shot me one of his infamous smirks.

I just shook my head and walked up to him. I felt his forehead and noticed he was burning up.

"You're sick, Santy," I sighed.

"Santy?" He asked with nothing but curiosity.

"Oh, sorry. Slipped out," I said, noticing what I'd said, "anyway, I'll get you some medicine. Sit down."

"I'm fine. I'm not even sick, Adora."

"You've got a fever, and and you're pale. Your nose is even red."

I wasn't budging, and he didn't seem to be interested in the thought, either.

"Sit down, Santiago."

He looked at me with round eyes and slowly sat down with the now eating boys.

This will be a long afternoon.