The Legends of Valoria - The Last Paladin of Highmoore: Enhanced

Start from the beginning

This imitation spire of the goddess, though not the original, still serves as a wonder of the world. The structure of the spire, rivals all other constructs on the Exodon, with its sky piercing height. From a distance, it is nearly impossible for travelers to see the highest floors of the tower, without peering through the veil of clouds.

It is not only the sheer size of the spire, which marvels the people but the interior as well. Carved from ancient stone, with a lost technique from ancient age, the entire interior of the spire appears to be made of marble stone. Endless, spiraling stairways, wrap the interior of the spire, which is connected to the Grand Cathedral. It is once you have reached the top of the spire that you come upon the true wonder of the spire, the oculus. Though none understand its purpose, or when it was created, the oculus when opened, allows the clearest view into the heavens, making it a well sought after destination.

Valascaana, as a whole, is a rich and relatively level country, filled with woodlands and plains. Traditional roads and caravan trails, allow for transportation of goods between the heavily populated cities of the nation. The capitol city, Valascaa, is a densely populated city. It is filled with rich heritage and residing upon the westernmost peninsula, is the largest port in the country.

Due to this, large assemblies of caravans often line the streets, transporting goods from the port to the other towns, cities and villages in the area. Most prominently; Roak and Kroas, in the north, Ternia to the east and the Grand Shrine to the south. Traveling diplomats, from across the ocean, also call upon Valascaa to serve as their home, when abroad.

Towards its southern borders, lie vast lengths of rolling hilltops, which eventually lead to the Grand Shrine, housing the Grand Cathedral, and to the ocean. The Grand Shrine, essentially a city of its own, houses much of the Aneiran order. Though most of its activities, happen upon the cathedral grounds, a small village does stretch out from it. Tall, stonewalls defend the shrine, and in the heart of the cathedral, lies the goddess spire.

To the far north, past the cities of Roak and Kroas, hidden from the world, lies the Vestigian Circle, a mountain range to the north, where proud cities were once carved into the mountain faces. Though the cities have been cut off from the rest of the world, it is here that Valascaana's main territorial enemy, the beastmen, hail from.

Looking upon the map of the Exodon, you will find Valascaana, resting on the western edge, while its sister, Highmooria, resides between it and the lands of the Forsaken, the Scar. Highmooria was once a rich, fertile land of endless forests, filled with natural wonders. It truly was a place of magic and miracles, most fairy tales in the land having been inspired by ventures into the Highmoorian forests.

Beyond the forests, other phenomena existed, one being Ariadne's Wood, a place where the great Nymph, Ariadne, created a safe haven for all creatures loved by Aneira. At the heart of her sanctuary, another shrine to Aneira, was built beneath the earth. Scholars believed that the shrine had been built by an unknown race of peoples but no record existed to prove such a claim.

Beyond Ariadne's wood, lies the heart of Highmooria, the capitol city of Highmoore. The capitol city, crowned, the jewel of the Exodon, was surrounded by a number of high stonewalls, each housing massive fields for farming and even an entire city within. In the centermost wall, the magnificent Castle Highmoore rested proudly, the former seat of power in the Exodon. Beyond the walls of Highmoore, several cities, had chained together, to be close to the jewel. Now, no one, since its fall, has ventured through the mountain passes connecting Valascaana and Highmooria and returned to report upon its state.

The three lands of the Exodon, Valascaana, Highmooria and the Scar, were once one, in the time of Aneira but were soon separated amidst the chaos of a great war by an ancient evil, the god Daemon.