Chapter Nine- Rescue

The next day, I woke up in the break of dawn. I slowly placed the sleeping Jaiden on the soft green grass as I walked around the forest. Suddenly a soft voice behind me said:

"Good morning James"

"Good morning Jaiden" I said as I pressed a kiss on her forehead. I wrapped my arm around her when she giggled.

"So James, have you find an escape route yet?"

"You see I found a broken campuss near the river, I think it's gonna be useful."

"Umhmm. Yeah, the city is on the East so let's raft through the river and continue our journey."

For the next hour or two. Jaiden and I collected wood and logs and anything to tie the wood together. We stacked the pieces together and used a thick stick as a paddle.

We sat on the raft and slowly paddled across the river. Jaiden and I know that I ain't the best paddler from my paddling experience. That's when the raft flipped upside down and we fell into the river. The sun is shining real hot in Arizona, so the icy water didn't really help to cool us down. But the lakes in Arizona are hella deep. I wasn't the best swimmer so Jaiden and I started to sink. Using the advice from my mom when I was five, we kicked off our shoes and flail our arms until we reach the top.

Gasping for air after we reach the surface, we were soaking wet and tired. We waited until our clothes to dry which took like ten minutes since it's like an oven out there. We were walking across the woods when we heard a honk behind us.

"WATCH OUT" the voice screamed.

We dodged and jumped into the bush when we realize the driver of that truck was Tony.

"Tony!! You're here!!" We ran to him with open arms and hugged him.

"What are you guys doing here? I have been searching for y'all since last night!!"

"Tony, we are kidnapped by James's childhood enemy and locked up in a dungeon, we escaped and ran into the woods and hide for the night."

"Well, let's go back-- wait since when are you guys dating?"

"How--how do you know?"

"Well, first of all James doesn't wear lipstick and the amount of lipstick marks on his cheeks are uncountable."

I have never seen Jaiden blush so hard before.

"Anywayyyyyy, we should start moving. We gotta report those guys before they escape."

We drove out of the woods to the nearest station and reported them. A team of police officers hopped into police cars and drove to the abandoned house.

A/N
Sorry I didn't update y'all yesterday. This chapter required some research :)