6

I dress up in a sophisticated dress and fix myself. I cannot wear cosmetics that long since it'll only melt on my face. I don't know why but it does.

Just as I finish fixing myself, a bell echoed in the room. I rush into the door and open it slowly revealing three men in front.

I suddenly feel nervous and anxiety starts to envelope my heart. I don't want to see anyone. They can't know my secrets. Did Xavier told his father and gets mad?

Are these guards arresting me?

They bow their heads at the same time like they practiced it for years. The man in the middle holds out a folded paper to me. I stare at it and look back at his eyes.

"Your majesty, Prince Xavier wants to give this to you."

My amor?

I cautiously reach out for the paper and mumble a simple gratitude before closing the door as quickly as possible no matter how rude I look and lock it.

I open up the letter and admire Xavier's handwriting.

'My queen, I'm writing this letter before I talk to my father. On my way to his office, I forgot the doctor's instruction that you must be checked as soon as we arrive. I send three guards to guide you, do not be afraid. They are my best warriors. To make you comfortable, once you reach the south, several maidens will escort you too. I will be fetching you in the infirmary instead. I apologize for not paying attention and being an irresponsible husband.'

I sigh in distress. No matter what he says, I cannot trust someone randomly. The men outside looks scary and ready to swallow a monster if they have to.

I can't. I'm scared. Backing up from the door, I run to the bed. I'm not going out. I can't trust someone this easily.

Then why did you trust Xavier that easily like a fool?

I run my hand through my hair. That slaps my face and hit me the most obvious realization ever. Back then, I do not feel the same way even when I get to dance with him or after everything.

Amor... Gasping, I knew there's something new in me. I tend to become dependent and scared to lose Xavier because he is my amor.

This is the reason why I don't like having a mate. I can't have a mate. This will only risk both our lives and my secrets. I can't live in this fantasy.

The moment he marked me, I change. I became like the proper mate and a proper wife whose head over heels with her husband.

The bond between us is trying to fool me that I can trust him and I forgot everything. All those hardships of trying to be a recluse is fading. I am now a prisoner of this union. I will only kill myself and him.

Heck, I could risk everyone here.

I feel the familiar tightening in my chest. I cannot breathe properly. Frustrated, I grab a fistful of my hair and try to rip it out from my head.

After all these years, why did everything have to change suddenly with just this turn of events?

If only I knew that the prince will mark me as his amor, I already run away. Why can't he keep himself to someone else? For all I know, he's not finding an amor this early, he said so himself proving the rumors.

No!

This is all my fault. If only I'm more cautious and careful in showcasing my abilities, he won't pay attention.

Sobbing in panic, I look around the room. I need my friends. I need the nature. I want them to lend me the undisturbed and calm feeling straight to my heart. I cannot function with a chaotic mind.