Your Adventures in Public

Hey everyone! Last week I thought of something new, but I forgot about it until now. Haha. I thought of this when this lady was annoying me in a store with a beeper thingy.

Enjoy!

Oh, and don't forget to read my author's note at the end!

********************************************************************

Chapter One

"Mom!" I groaned, slouching in my seat in the car. I glared at the store in front of me. "I don't want to go into Kohl's!"

"Eva Williams!" my mother scolded. She rummaged in her purse. "I've had enough of your whining today! Now, we are going in the store, whether you like it or not!"

I stuck my nose up in the air. "Fine."

"You don't act sixteen," Mother muttered.

I looked at her incredulously. "I'm fifteen!"

"Really?!"

"Um, yeah!"

"Oh." My mom opened her car door. "Let's go."

I sighed and got out of the car. "Maybe, if-- Wait, mom! Where did you go?"

She walked into view again. "I was walking to the store. Care to join me?"

I went over to her and we started walking. "As I was saying," I began. "Maybe, if I had a good mom who remembered my age, I could act better and more mature."

My mom didn't even stop walking. "If I thought you could act more mature," she snorted, "then I would've done something to help you get there."

"Gee, thanks."

We reached the front doors of Kohl's. "Anytime, honey. Anytime."

We walked in and my mood immediately brightened. I hated talking about Kohl's but for some reason I didn't mind it when I was actually inside.

I heard Glad You Game on the radio in the store. "The sun goes down, the stars come out. And all that counts is here and now. My universe will never be the same. I'm glad you came. I'm gald you came." I started dancing a little. 

"Mommy!" a scared little girl called, reaching for her mom. She was picked up. The tall woman standing next to her put her on her hip. "What's she doing?!"

"I think she's trying to be funny," the mom answered reassuringly. She turned to me and glared. "Quit scaring my children."

I danced a little more, making the girl whimper. "Sorry, but I was just dancing. No need to criticize and judge," I said.

The mom huffed and walked away with the girl still on her hip. Then the little twerp stuck her tongue out at me. I did it back. She started bawling and I quickly turned away.

I walked over the the jewelry, looking at the sparkly earings. After a few minutes of longing for a pair of diamond earings, I noticed my mom had disappeared.

"Mom?" I called. "Mom?"

"Eva?"

I whirled around. "Mom?" She appeared from behind a rack of clothes across the aisle. "When did you go there?"

"About seven mintues ago. Anyway, I found something that you might like." She held up a really ugly sweater. I wrinkled my nose. "No? Oh, that's disappointing. I thought you would love this . . ."

"No," I smirked, "only old cat ladies would like that one." It was kind of true. It was brown with a bunch of dark brown cats all over it. I don't even know why she would think I would like that.

I heard someone clearing their throat from behind me. An old lady stepped into my view. I gulped as I realized that she was wearing the same shirt that I had been dissing.

"Oh," I said awkwardly. "Hi?"

"Don't be mean," she said, pointing a wrinkled finger at me. "You don't know who or what's watching."

"I'm sorry, she was just expressing her opinion." My mother extended her hand. "I'm Kathryn Williams. This is my daughter, Eva. She can speak before she thinks sometimes . . ."

"Well," the lady snapped. "Just keep your kid under control."

"Hey!" I interjected. "I'm not a kid!'

My mom patted my shoulder. "Honey, you're fourteen."

"Fifteen!" I threw my hands up in the air.

"Oh, yeah."

The cat lady looked at us strangely and briskly walked away.

My mom scolded me, "You need to calm down."

"But I wasn't --"

"Let's get out of here before you're reported to the manager."

"Sorry," I mumbled, trying to not run into my mom because she was walking so slow.

"Oh, and Eva." I ran into my mother's back, as she stopped moving. I was face-to-face with her purple jacket. She turned her head to look at me. "I'm proud of you." She winked.

I smiled and happily skipped out of Kohl's with my mother. I gasped when I saw Wal-Mart nearby. I had forgotten it was there . . .

"Mom?" I asked, smiling devilishly. I pointed in Wal-Mart's direction. "Can we go there?"

********************************************************************

I hope you guys liked it!

So, guess what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU CAN BE IN THIS STORY!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS IN THE COMMENTS, WRITE THAT YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED AND PUT YOUR REAL OR FAKE FIRST NAME. PUT A FAKE LAST NAME DOWN, JUST IN CASE I'LL NEED IT. AND PLEASE ALSO PUT WHAT STORE/PUBLIC PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IN AND WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN.

Sorry for all the capitals.

~Morgan =)