~8~

(Time skip to the night of the date cause Author-chan was too busy watching a L*cky Star spin off to actually write the week out :3(Also, this chapter is gonna be long af.))

Akaashi's POV

Tonight was the night. The night Bokuto Koutarou gave Minami Akamine a promise ring. Apparently, she had been keeping the relocation a secret from everyone besides Bokuto, which I guess meant that she really did like him.

Perhaps that was what persuaded me to give him the money for the ring. Maybe it was the fact that this was the first form of commitment Bokuto had voluntarily signed up for. But whatever the reason may be, I agreed to buy him the ring.

At the moment we were getting him ready, with a little help from Kuroo and Tsukishima-san. Tsukishima-san was supposedly the expert in this whole thing, which was really surprising. I guess he and Yamaguchi really were close.

"No, Bokuto-san, you can't wear athletic shorts to a date. Its not professional." Tsukishima-san scoffed.

Bokuto turned around, very clearly stressed out. "Well she has to know what she's signing up for, I can't let her set unrealistic expectations!" You could hear it in his voice, he didn't want anyone around him. Not even Minami. He just wanted to be alone.

"Kuroo, Tsukishima-san," I gestured to the door, hinting that we should give him a minute. They followed close behind me, seeing as Kuroo was the only one who had been here before.

"You are free to leave, I will handle this from here." I said, once we were out of earshot.

"Are you sure? He seems pretty unstable.." Kuroo said, looking through a crack in the door.

Tsukishima looked at me. "You want me to get one of Karasuno's moms? I'm pretty sure Ennoshita-san is free, considering he's just a background character and isn't meant to be involved in anything big..."

"No, I'm good. Just go home, and I'll text you if something fails miserably." They nodded and left, and I went back in Bokuto-san's room.

He was sitting on the edge of his bed, holding his head in his hands. I came over and sat down next to him. "Bokuto, it's okay. This is really big, and I get that. Just wear whatever the fuck you want and it will be fine. Plus, if you dress fancy, Minami will know you're planning something."

He picked his head up, and hugged me. "Thank you, Akaashi. I really needed that. Also, Kuroo won't stop saying no homo."

I chuckled, and helped finish getting him ready.

~~~

"You're sure you know the plan?"

"Yes Bokuto-san. I will go inside 10 minutes after you guys, and sit so you can see me but she can't. Then I observe and leave when you give it to her." I recited from memory. Bokuto giggled, to which I rolled my eyes.

We began to walk, and I began looking at the buildings to the side of us. "Are you okay, Akaashi?" He asked, cocking his head.

I sighed. "Yeah, it's just... everything about this screams, 'too early'. You have only been dating for, what, 3 weeks? You still haven't even graduated high school yet. I just... I support you and all... but I am entitled to my opinion. And that's that."

"A-Akaashi... I thought you were going to help me on this one? For the record, I really do love her! I know for a fact that this is not too early, and more than that I know that this is right! Moreover, why didn't you tell me before?! You could have at least spared me this!" he spat.

"Bokuto-san, I'm sorry, I didn't know you would get this upset! And how are you so sure that she is 'the one'?" His anger was only getting worse, so I figured that I might as well fight back while I still had a chance.