~6~

Akaashi's POV

It had been about a week since Bokuto and Minami began dating. Since the library, they had gone on about 4 dates. Not to mention since their first kiss, they could barely keep their hands off of each other. At the moment I was going to pick Bokuto up from detention which he earned by (you guessed it) getting caught kissing Minami in the halls.

"Hey hey hey, Akaashi!" he yelled, greeting me. "Detention is boring~"

"Well, it is detention, so... I don't know what else you'd expect. Also, wasn't Minami there?" I asked.

"No, we weren't allowed to serve detention on the same day." he sighed. "Oh, I'm having a friend over tonight, you wanna come over too?"

"Depends on who it is." I answered. "That being said, who is it?"

"Kuroo, which means we should finish D*rarara before he spoils it for us." he sped up a bit, which I found slightly amusing. The walk back to his house was short, taking only maybe 10 minutes at most.

When we did get home, we were both surprised to see his mom was home. She usually got home closer to 7:00, so this was very early. After peering over to my driveway, I was surprised to see that my mom was home too.

"Hey mom, I'm home--"

"Welcome home, Koutarou, Akaashi! Don't mind us three in the kitchen, we're just making a hot-pot for all of us. We'll call when it's ready!" Bokuto-san's mom said chirpily.

"Wait... who's the third?" he asked.

"Well duh, your girlfriend wanted to surprise you!"

~~~

That was one of the most strange nights of my life.

It turns out Minami is a fucking beast when it comes to cooking, and she did most of the work. The food was good, and since we were at Bokuto's house, his mom let us watch D*rarara before and during dinner. (Not even joking im writing this as they are having a hot pot in x2) Kuroo came just after we finished the Saika arch, which ended well.

But then the fun part came after dinner, when our moms decided we should all do trivia. No matter what you tell me, I am certain that Bokuto's mom was trying to keep us all from playing spin the bottle in his room.

Everyone insisted that I was cheating, but I was just good at trivia. So then, my mom said the adults had an unfair advantage, so she insisted we all head to the park and play a match of volleyball. "To even the odds, you know?" No mom, that's not how it worked.

The sun was still up, so we each coached a girl on what to do. Bokuto got Minami, Kuroo got my mom, and I helped Bokuto's mom. It was a fair 3-on-3, so we went straight to playing after they got the hang of it. We won by a wide margin, but that didn't matter cause we were just playing for fun. Well, not me. I just wanted to go home.

Bokuto walked Minami home, and the rest of us walked back together. I mean, I guess it could have been weirder, but this was still pretty out of the ordinary.

Since today was Friday, I stayed up in my room reading the book I had recently gotten from the library. It was quiet, and it was just now that I realized I actually enjoyed this night. I smiled, slowly but surely drifting off into a deep, peaceful, sleep.

~~~

Taptaptap

My eyes fluttered open, only to see I had been sleeping for 2 hours. The sound which had woken me up came from the window, with Bokuto directly outside. He surprised me, but I still opened the window for him.

"What the actual fuck, Bokuto-san. It's like 12:00." I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I know, and I'm so sorry, just... it's Mina. She said her dad was supposed to come home six hours ago and still isn't home. She said he always texts or calls when he's going to be late, and he never even said he was on his way home. I really am sorry, Akaashi, I just didn't know where to go or what to do. So um... could you help?"

I yawned. "Jesus Christ, man, I guess so. Is she still at her house?"

"No, she's just down there." he pointed downwards. My room was on the second floor, so he had to climb up the lattice to talk to me. He used to do it a ton when we were kids, but one time he fell and broke his arm. He had never climbed up here after that, so I knew this had to be serious.

I glanced down and saw her. "Dude, why don't you just tell your mom? She seemed to love her, and she never tells someone they can't stay there, you know that. Just tell your mom what happened, and I'm sure she can sleep on the couch or something."

His eyes lit up. "T-that really is a great idea, Akaashi. Thank you, so so so much!" Bokuto leaned in through the window and hugged me.

"N-no problem. Just let me fucking sleep. Or text me next time." I murmured.

With that, he climbed back down the lattice, and I closed the window once he was mostly down. After that, I slipped under the warm, soft blankets on my bed. The window being open had made my room extremely cold, even though it was only for a few minutes. Summer was ending quickly, and you could tell. Thankfully, the days were still hot as hell.

Once I was warmed up, I rolled over and tried to fall asleep. However, the smell of Bokuto was all over me from the hug. He never wore cologne, it was just his natural scent. Thank God it wasn't bad, because once it touched something, everything else would smell like Bokuto.

The more I tried to fall asleep, the more I thought of him. Sure, he was dorky and clumsy and fucked things up a lot, but he was a good boyfriend. It was 12:00 in the morning, and he snuck out of the house to tend to his girlfriend because she was scared. Then he woke his mom up at 12:00 in the morning, just to tell her that his girlfriend was going to spend the night. Not exactly what every parent dreams of hearing.

But he was a great boyfriend (to Minami), and I loved to watch him be genuinely happy.

Thank God he's my best friend.