~1~

Akaashi's POV

I woke up to the sound of a beeping alarm clock, an incessant one at that. I figured I was tired enough to ignore it, but God was I wrong. It just gave me a headache. My eyes squinted to read the time, which was apparently 7:00.

I slammed my fist down on it, forcing the beeping to come to an abrupt halt. At first, I was nervous that I would fall back asleep, but my headache prevented me from doing so. Forcing myself out of bed, I winced as the light hit my eyes just right. My feet shuffled around a bit, until I found my school uniform and slid off my shirt. Just as I did that, my phone began to buzz.

Upon closer inspection, it was Bokuto requesting to FaceTime. What could he possibly want this early in the morning? I thought. How does he even wake up this early? I accepted, completely forgetting that I was shirtless.

"Hey, hey, hey! Look who enjoyed a shirtless night, there!" he practically yelled. "Can't say I did, seeing as I'm not a whore."

"Shut up, you loud-ass owl." I smirked. Bokuto had been my best friend since we were in middle school, which was partially why we spoke so informally. We had a lot in common. We both liked volleyball, we both went to the same middle and high school, and we actually lived right next to each other. I didn't have many friends, so having one as good as he was a privelage.

"Akaaaaaashi~ why do you have to be so meaaaan~?" He swooned into the camera. I shrugged in response. "Oh, I actually called you for something! Way to go, Bokuto, remembering shit!"

I rolled my eyes at his incompetence. "And what would that reason be?"

"Well, as of 12:39 last night, I... I have a girlfriend."

~~~

I stood motionless, in shock. Even though I had known him for such a long time, this was his first girlfriend I had known of. It felt weird... whether good or bad I was unsure... but regardless it was strange.

"I-I was going to tell you last night, but since it was so late, I decided to tell you this morning... hope you're not mad..." Bokuto blushed heavily as he turned away from the camera.

I gave him my neutral stoic expression, which was meant to throw him off. "A-are you mad?" he winced.

"What's her name." It wasn't so much a question as it was my demand that he tell me. This was legitimately interesting to me... for once something was. I was not about to let this chance pass. Also, I partially believed he was being catfished. 

"W-what?" he asked, clearly confused. Perfect.

"You heard me. I want a name, school, basic appearance, the whole nine." I raised an eyebrow sassily.

"O-okay... her name is Minami Akamine, she actually goes to Fukurodani, so you can chill, I'm not being catfished... She has light brown hair that is super wavy from about halfway down, green eyes, and wears a lot of makeup." I nodded at his amazing inability to lack detail.

"Oh, that's her... I think I've seen her before..." I replied.

"Yeah, she's a total babe, right? Definitely an eight out of ten." he nodded whilst smiling.

"Koutarou Bokuto, if you are dating her just because she's an eight, I swear--"

"Kidding! Kidding, I'm just kidding, Akaaaaaaashi." he swooned yet again. That sure made me question his sexuality...

I propped my phone on my nightstand, while I looked for a white t-shirt to go under my uniform. I couldn't find it, so I decided that Bokuto didn't need to see me change.

"Okay, Bokuto, I have to get dressed, so I'm gonna hang you up." I yawned, which reminded me of how tired I actually was.

"Okay, but dude... why are you getting dressed at 7:14 on a Saturday morning?" he asked. I fell to my knees and smashed my head against my nightstand so hard that my phone fell in my lap.

After letting out a heavy sigh and rubbing my forehead, I managed to utter a weak, "Bokuto I am going to call you back." After which, I hung up.

I thought today was Wednesday.

After letting my utter stupidity sink in, I grabbed a crumpled shirt next to my feet and put it on. The shirt was from a couple months ago, from Bokuto, actually. We had this weird tradition with the day our birthdays fell on. They were so close together that we just celebrated them together. This year was "T-shirt Tuesday", so we each got each other t-shirts. His said, "Owl Puns Really Ruffle My Feathers" and mine (the one I was wearing now) said, "AKAAAAAAAASHI!!!".

Sure, it was an odd tradition, but it was our odd tradition. That was why we were best friends.

~~~

After I brewed some coffee for me this morning, I heard a knock at the door. My hands were burning on the sides of the cup, but I didn't have anywhere to set it down. My mom had already left for work, so I could rest it on the couch chair. But that would be useless, I couldn't sip it from the couch.

I shuffled to the door and opened it, surprised to see Bokuto standing there. "Hey, hey, hey, well if it isn't shirtless wonder!"

I rolled my eyes. "Were you expecting my mom?"

"No, it just took me the whole walk over to think of it. Leave me alone, Akaashi!" I smiled and slid the lock on the door to let him in. He burst in, ran to the couch, and flopped on his stomach. I smiled again at how dorky my best friend was, and sat on the arm of the couch.

After a moment, I broke the silence. "Having fun down there?"

"Mmmph." he groaned, picking his head up. "My mom is talking rather obnoxiously loudly on the phone in her office, and Minami kept me up all night."

I laughed. "I guess you just aren't cut out for being a boyfriend yet." Oh, I meant every word of that.

"Shut up, Akaashi. Oh, and your couch is awful." Bokuto groaned.

"Really? You do know that I have a bed, correct?"

"It would be weird if you didn't." he replied.

"Can you take a hint!? You can sleep in my bed, Bokuto!" I rolled my eyes. Bokuto arose from the couch where he had almost passed out, and walked towards me. He held his arms out, and hugged me lightly.

"Thanks, bro..." he said, leaning all of his weight on me. It was shortly after that  realized,

Bokuto fell asleep.

Great. I thought. Just great. It was a good thing volleyball had built me stronger, because if not, I might have collapsed. Instead, I picked him up and carried him to my bed.

Thank God he's my best nfriend.