[Twenty Two]

POINTED MUCH?_

POINTED MUCH?
_

Alex jumped when Rory suddenly flung herself onto the bench beside her, interrupting her book and scaring her out of her wits.

"Geez! Give me a heart attack!"

"I need a major favor." The brunette girl said, raising her eyebrows at her cousin.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Alex asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Half day."

"Lucky."

"Okay, but favor. Me. Need. Please."

"Okay, Tarzan. What's up?" Alex asked, turning to face her cousin.

"So, Babette got a new kitten, right?"

"Mhm."

"And she asked me to cat sit tonight while they're at a concert and I said yes, but I completely forgot that Tommy asked me to help him pick out a book at the bookstore for his English report tonight." Rory said, her brow furrowed in worry.

"Awe, I'm such a good matchmaker." Alex beamed.

"Help now, boast later." Rory deadpanned.

"Right. Sorry. Go on."

"I know you have to work this afternoon, but I'm not suppose to be over there until like 7:00 tonight and I was really hoping you could-"

Alex put her hand up, silencing the brunette. "Ah. Say no more, my dear. I would be happy to spend the night with a kitten." she smiled.

"Are you sure you wouldn't mind?" Rory asked, chewing on her bottom lip.

"Of course not! What's the kitten's name?"

"Apricot."

Alex gasped, placing her hands on her chest. "Awe, that's so cute and aesthetic, I love it!"

Rory laughed. "You're really are okay with this?"

"Yes, yes, of course! I'd be keeping my brilliant status as matchmaker and hanging out with an aesthetic cat. I'm good."

The brunette chuckled, shaking her head and pulling the other girl into a hug. "You're my favorite chicken nugget."

"Oh, darling, I know." Alex joked with a smile, hugging her cousin tightly.

"I have to go. I'm meeting Tommy." Rory said, standing up and slinging her book bag over her shoulder.

"Have fun! But not too much fun." Alex teased with a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows.

Rory rolled her eyes. "I'll try." she said, giving her cousin a quick hug. "Talk to you later."

"Bye."