[Three]

NO SUCKY DAYS ALLOWED

"I got it!" Alex called as she jogged down the stairs to answer the door, pulling it open to find a distressed Rory on the other side

"I had a sucky day." She said with a small pout on her lips. Alex's face immediately melted into one of concern and curiosity.

"What? No, it was your first day! You're not allowed to already be having sucky days on your first day, it's forbidden!"

"Well, sorry." Rory replied with a pathetic shrug.

"Awe, honey, come in." Alex said, gently ushering her cousin into the house and draping an arm around her shoulders. "Hey, Mom?"

"What's up, baby?" Melissa said as she emerged from the kitchen, her brow furrowing when she took in Rory's facial expression.

"We need two coffees, stat." Alex said as she and Rory took a seat on the sofa.

"Hi, Aunt Mel." Rory said with a small wave.

"Hi, baby doll, is everything okay?" Melissa asked with concern.

"Bad first day." Alex said, raising her eyebrows.

Melissa's concerned face melted into one of understanding and she nodded. "I'll get the coffee."

"Thanks, Mom." Alex said as the older woman disappeared into the kitchen. "Okay, lady. Tell me everything."

"Well, for one thing, my mother woke up late."

"Oh, you know it's never good when Rory Gilmore is calling her mom mother."

"That's not even the half of it. She was suppose to wake up early and go get her dry cleaning but since she woke up late she didn't have time, so you know what she wore?" Rory asked.

"Do I want to?" Alex asked, arching an eyebrow.

"A pink, tie dye tee shirt, a pair of jean shorts, and cowboy boots."

Alex's eyes went wide. "Oh, Aunt Lorelai..." She sighed. "Tell me she didn't walk in with you."

"Well, I mean...it was the first day..."

"You asked her to walk in with you?"

"She's my mom, what was I suppose to do?"

"Go in yourself, and don't look back!" Alex said, throwing her hands into the air.

Rory groaned and fell back into the sofa cushions. "Anyway, on top of that, there's this girl in almost every one of my classes, Paris?"

"Oh my. Let me guess. Mean girl?" Alex questioned.

"Very mean girl." Rory rolled her eyes. "And there's this dude named Tristan there? He's such a jerk! He keeps calling me Mary, no matter how many times I tell him my name is Rory."

"Oh my God, I can't believe people still say that." Alex laughed.

"Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"They're calling you Mary based off virgin Mary."

Rory's eyebrows shot up. "Oh my God, I hate my life."

"No you don't, you hate Tristan." Alex said, smiling up at her mother as she set their coffees on the coffee table before disappearing back into the kitchen.

"This is true." Rory said as she took a long sip of her coffee.

"I'm sorry you had such a bad day." Alex said, leaning back against the arm of the sofa.

"That's okay. It's not your fault. How was your day?"

"Well, I uh, I think I made friends with the new boy."

Rory arched an eyebrow, her lips twitching up into a small smile. "Oh my."

"Stop it, it's not like that." Alex said, giving her cousin a look, trying to stop the smile curling at the corners of her mouth.

"Right. Not like that. Not yet anyway." Rory teased, nudging the blonde gently with her elbow. "So, what's his name?"

Alex grinned. "Dean. He's 6'2, he's beautiful, and he talked to me."

"Oh my," Rory smiled, propping her feet into her cousin's lap. "You like him, don't you?"

"I met him two days ago. I don't know how I feel about him yet." The blonde shrugged.

"Fair enough. I still want to meet him though. He has to pass the Gilmore standards test." Rory joked.

Alex rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"What did your mom say about it?"

"Actually, I uh, I haven't told her yet." Alex bit her lip. "Is that bad?"

"I wouldn't go straight to bad. Maybe a little secretive, but not bad." Rory shrugged. "Why haven't you told her yet?"

"Well, I don't know. It just hasn't come up I guess. But I'll tell her."

"When?"

"Soon." Alex said, a knot slowly forming in the pit of her stomach. "Real soon."

A/N- Sorry it's a bit short, but I hope you enjoyed!! Love you guys! <3 ~Hayden