Chapter 8-We Can Share

~unedited~

Why does New York never sleep? It's currently three in the morning and I'm still perched against my head board with not an inch of sleepiness in me. My brain was active and wide awake, but I desperately wanted to sleep, knowing I had to be up for the early hours of school tomorrow. The only thing I could hear was the horns of cars and city cabs along with a few distant gun shots. It was definitely something I had gotten used to but tonight I just couldn't seem to drown out the noise.

I turn on my side, facing my heater in hopes that it's soothing sounds would lull me to sleep. I don't understand why I'm so restless tonight. I'd taken a warm shower around 10, drank a glass of warm milk, and read a little of my book before I switched my light off. It was a normal routine that usually always put me to sleep-but like I said tonight I was restless.

Maybe my mind was so awake because I was going over my few weeks in this new environment and how indecisive I've become. Love interest of two different people who I wanted for different reasons. It could definitely become a problem. Lance was calling me every day after school now and I didn't know if I wanted Pac to jump onboard to form a little love triangle.

It was selfish but that's all I seemed to be these days. Having never had interest in boys until now was really effecting me and maybe I am naive. But naive when it comes to who? It sure seemed like I only became unsure when it came to the boy my heart ached for the most.

It was definitely a war between mental and emotional. My head screamed at me that Lance was the best choice and to forget everything that was Pac. But my heart told me that I would never be happy until I was with Pac. I hated it.

Heavy footsteps coming from outside my door brought me out of my daydream while I stared at my floor like I was in a trance. I look over at the clock on my nightstand, my face twisting in confusion when I see it was only 3:11 a.m. Charles didn't have to be awake until 8. Feeling suddenly scared, I cowered under my covers. My door opened and closed then my light switched on. I didn't know if I was relieved or even more frazzled when I saw the features I had become so familiar with.

"Pac?" What the heck was going on?

"Hey." He said calmly while flashing me a smile. My heart constricted against my chest but I ignored it, the confusion beginning to be too much.

"W-what-how-" he ignored my inability to form a sentence and slipped his big boots off before padding across my floor with his socks. I was breathless when he climbed on my bed and positioned himself between my legs. What. Is. Going. On?

"I just missed you." He sucks his bottom lip into his mouth. "Didn't you miss me?"

I don't know what to say. What exactly is happening right now? "Y-yeah." I stutter out.

"Stop being so nervous." He demands while tilting my chin up with his thumb and index. His eyes are low and hooded with lust and then his lips are on mine again. Their hungry and needy and desperate but still gentle. Despite my shock I manage to kiss him back-trying to put my all into it. Trying to tell him that I was sorry for rejecting him yesterday and that it'll never happen again. That I wanted him in a way I hope he wanted me. That maybe I can have him and...he could have me too.

It's not too long before we separate from our sloppy kisses, saliva below my lower lip. He doesn't hesitate before burying his head between my neck and shoulder. His lips are so wet and hot as he kisses my neck. I can't help the soft whimper that escapes from my throat as a feeling I've never felt before stirs in my lower belly. I'm nervous and it's so hot in here.