Chapter 3-My Sad A-Cup

~unedited~

Another three days had gone by and I was back in tiptop shape. The ignorant words from the cruel boy I've unfortunately come to know stung like a knife in my chest and I don't know why. Mean comments and unpleasant people were a must in life and I knew that, I just never knew how to handle either one of them. I decided to take upon my own advice and be done like I said so and that meant every type of distraction I've had to encounter. I'll study hard and work even harder to get wherever I want to be.

I was on my way to the library at the moment, biting into a fresh green apple that justified my lack of lunch. Aleah invited me to another one of their seemingly famous group outings where they went to some greasy fast food place where they sold dead animals for a buck and a half and I politely declined her offer. She didn't seem to mind and I was grateful for that. School hours were over at the moment but I had to check out the book that I had been obsessed with since the day I picked it up. The library was only open a couple hours after the school day ended and I figured I could spend my time there before I'm asked to leave.

I swing the door open with a hard pull and step inside the cool room. It's quiet like it's supposed to be, nothing but the sound of printers going off and computers beeping. I smile in content. From all the hectic events during the day I almost forgot what the blissful sound of silence sounds like. The librarian, Ms. Margret, has seemed to take a liking to me since I picked up my first book and I could tell she was cool, too.

I walk up to the front desk and Ms. Margret grins at me, looking at me above her reading glasses. I've got my own pair on and I return her kind gesture. I place the book on the wood with a sigh as I look at the cover. I'm actually sad to be parting with it and I'm thinking about rereading it while I have the chance. This is the only copy in the whole school and it'll only be a matter of time before a lucky someone scoops it up. Although, it was in mint condition and I doubt anyone in this school was browsing through the romance section.

"Wow. Done already?" Ms. Margret gives me this knowing smirk with her thin pink lips and since Saturday night, I smile.

"Yeah, unfortunately. Got anymore just like it?" I can only laugh at myself because I've absolutely fallen in love with this book like the hopeless romantic that I am. She nods then leans in like she's about to share some secret with me.

"There's more books by this author in the romance section over there. I'll keep this away for you." She then gives me a wink and I whisper an "ok", playing along. I turned away from her, smile on my face as I nearly skipped over to the shelves of books. My eyes wandered them with awe and I let my finger tips trace over a few of the smooth ones. I swear they had everything I could think of and I would spend all day here if I could.

"Tyla!" My head shoots over in the direction of my name being called and Lance is sitting by the window, waving at me with this innocent smile. I wave back and smile myself until I spot Pac right beside him. He's already giving me a deep frown while glancing between Lance and I. I ignore him and Lance starts waving me over to the pair. I'm curious as to why he's in the library anyway and why he's hanging out with Pac. They didn't talk much on Saturday night and I couldn't see them to be friends. Lance seemed kind and patient-two words that could never be used to describe Pac.

I'm walking over to them with every intention to ignore the boy who seemed to hate me.

"What're you doing here?" Lance asks me before eyeing me up and down and I realize that this is the first time either one of them has seen me dressed casually. I'm wearing a grey button down and black jeans, and the way Lance looks at me makes my skin flush and my stomach feel weird.