Types

I figured I should put this in here so people know what the Cipher brothers and the DeCrypt sisters are talking about. And the Shadows.

Shadow Servants

What they are: Shadow children trained and appointed to a high ranking demon at birth. They are trained in dark magic, healing magic, close weapon combat and hand to hand combat. They are speedy and strong in the light but strongest in the dark. Families are appointed to families since Shadow Servants can be called the shadow counterparts of their masters. They die with their master.

There are three different types of Shadow Servants. Caregivers, Fighters and Watchers. Caregivers choose not to fight unless their master is in serious danger and normally stick to caring for their families and master. Fighters get jealous or angry easily and will fight for their master every chance they get. They intervene in arguments to try and win and don't give up. Normally they will fight until they win, they are instructed to stop by their masters or their enemy gives up. Watchers stay in the background. Most likely they use magic to protect their master and not combat. Watchers are not normally trained for combat well but their magic is strongest.

Their names are directly from or variations of their Master's second name.

Other names: Shadow Servants, demon protectors, shadow counterparts, inner eyes

Known Shadow Servants (Master and type): James (Adrian Cipher, fighter); Amos (Bill Cipher, watcher); Vern (Will Cipher, caregiver); Henrietta (Eliza DeCrypt, fighter)

Specifics

What they are: Demons with powers unlike others. Powers can range from that of a plant demon to the strength of the demon's king. If a demon has the power of the demon's king - seeing as it only happens every five thousand years - that demon is next in line for the throne. It also means that his or her Shadow Servant is stronger than the rest and will eventually learn the rest of the trades.

Other names: Power holders, Specifics, Specials

Known Specifics: Adrian Cipher, Eliza DeCrypt, Kill Cipher

Halfbreds

What they are: Demons with mortal parents and mortals with demon parents. In normal cases, there must be a human mother and a demon father for demons to survive and reproduce but in the rare case where a mortal child is demonic at birth or a demon child is mortal at birth, if they survive, they are the weakest life forms to find.

In most cases, a demon halfbred will become a human entertainer. Most likely a magician. While an human halfbred will work as a demon hunter or slayer. The rare time they don't, they are targeted by other demons as prey or as a mate. Human halfbreds are immortal by highly vulnerable to attacks and cannot protect themselves.

Other names: Flip forms, Halfbreds.

Known Halfbreds: The Cipher's mother, Wendy Corduroy.

Timers

What they are: Small workers who can pause a person's life for at most a year. They are fairly weak but helpful unless the opponent has strong self will.

No known Timers