Six

Morgana DeCrypt sneered as she paced the castle. Her sister lounged across a depleted throne on a raised podium. "Oh cool it Morgana. He isn't that much of a threat yet." Eliza sighed, twirling a stray lock of hair between her fingers. "He just turned sixteen."

"You've met him Eliza. He's curious." Morgana turned and stared at her sister.

"Ladies, ladies. Stop fighting." Kill walked into the crumbling throne room and held out his arms. Both Morgana and Eliza both moved to him and he kissed them both passionately. "You've been kissing that Wendy haven't you Eliza?"

"Well how else am I going to sell it." The older demoness smirked.

"It's still hard to believe that you two still look young after a millennium." Kill purred.

"Beautiful virgin sacrifices our dear Kill." Morgana laughed sweetly. "Their blood is so sweet."

"Yeah." Eliza murmured halfheartedly.

"Eliza love, is something wrong?" Kill's face hardened. "You aren't thinking about crossing me are you?"

"No my love, it's just, now that your brother has reached age, he'll be able to tell of my demonic linage. I can tell he isn't normal." Eliza pulled away slightly to pace, seemingly worried.

"Oh? What do you sense princess?" Kill's face softened again.

"I don't know."

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

((Oh! Each Shadow servant talks differently. Amos - Bold, James - Italics, Vern - underline, Henrietta (you'll meet her later) - underlined italics))

"You can do it Master Adrian. Just imagine yourself in the sky. Floating." James stood against a tree as he encouraged Adrian to learn how to float. Adrian tried but his shoulders slumped when he failed. "Just keep trying. You can do it. I can feel it. And I know you can too."

"James, I can't." Adrian's shoulders slumped.

"You can Adrian." Bill strode into the clearing. "Me and Will believe in you."

"Hey!" James shouted.

"He can't hear you James." Amos appeared beside him.

"I know. But I believe in Master Adrian just as much as his brothers!" James grumbled, jealous. Adrian laughed and glanced over at James.

"Jealous much?" He smirked at the Shadow Servant.

"I don't like to be excluded. Sorry Master." James nodded. Adrian rolled his eye.

"You don't have to apologize. Its normal to get jealous." Adrian smiled at James.

"It was how I was trained." James lowered his head. Adrian walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. James looked up. "What are you-" Adrian surprised him with a hug.

When he pulled back, the Shadow Servant's eyes were wide with shock. "You need to calm down."

"Yes Master Adrian." James murmured.

"Now, let's get back to my training. I think I might've mastered shape shifting." Adrian smirked and shifted into a blue bird, eyepatch and all. He fluttered up and perched on Bill's head. Then he unexpectedly shifted back and ended up sitting on Bill's shoulders. He leaned down to look Bill in the eye. "Sorry, guess I haven't." He smirked but didn't move to get down.

"Get down or I'll drop you." Bill threatened playfully.

"Hmm, no. I like it up here." Adrian replied, looking around at the trees.

"I warned you." Bill growled and pushed Adrian from his shoulders, listening for a thunk and an oof that never came.

Instead it was a glee filled shout. "Hey! Cool!" Bill swung around and stopped. Adrian was hovering two feet off the ground but he wasn't floating. He was flying. With wings that sprouted from his back.

His wings were made of blue-violet, yellow, red and light blue feathers that shone wherever the light touched them. They looked almost like an angel's wings set on a demon. Adrian set down on the ground and brought the one forward, stroking it. The feathers - although they looked hard and diamond-like - were soft. Like a pillow or a cloud. "Can you do this?" He asked Bill.

"N-No. I can't. Neither can Will or Kill. Or shit. If Kill finds out about this. Shit. Shit. Shit." Bill began pacing back and forth.

"What do you mean?" Adrian folded his wings and stepped forward to his brother.

"If Kill finds out you're a Specific? He won't rest until he has your power." Bill ran his fingers through his hair. "Fuck!"

"A Specific?" Adrian tilted his head. He felt in wings tingle slightly and with a pop, they dissipated into a bunch of sparkling specks. "Oh, that's neat."

"Yes, master. A Specific is a demon with powers beyond their type." James explained. "Since you are a Dream Demon, your power would range widely. But you have more than the power of a Dream Demon. The wings, they are the power of a Sky Demon."

"Thank you James." Adrian smiled a half-smile before turning back to his panicking older brother. "What would Kill want my power for?"

"Kill is another Specific. He's got the power of a Shadow Demon." Will entered the clearing and placed a hand on Bill's shoulder. It glowed yellow for a second before Bill slumped over into Will's arms, fast asleep. "There. A good rest should calm him down."

"Why was he freaking out?" Adrian asked, looking at his unconscious brother.

"I guess he told you some about Kill, and probably showed you something but Kill is our older brother. He broke off from the rest of the family when he found out that he had Shadow abilities with his Dream powers, making him greedy. He left the day you were born so you never got to meet him, luckily. Because Kill has Shadow abilities he can sap the power from others and combine it to make himself stronger." Will kneeled and laid Bill on the ground.

"But why?" Adrian sat. "And didn't he kill his Shadow Servant?" His eye flickered over to where James stood in the shadows chatting with two people invisible to him but he could guess it was Amos and Vern.

"Yes." Will sighed. "Then took Phillip Lawrence's power for himself. Phillip wasn't like Kill. He was kind." 

Adrian watched as James appeared at his side. Then he glanced over and jumped, seeing three people instead of just James."Master Adrian?"

"I see three. James, I see you and two others." Adrian sputtered.

"Can you hear us?" Amos tilted his head.

"How is it possible for you to see us?" Vern backed up a step.

"Vern?" Will looked up, his brow furrowed. "Are you-"

"No. I can't unless you instruct me too." Vern shook.

"Maybe, it can't be." Amos started to pace, thinking deeply. "Mr Adrian, could you follow me so I could check something?"

"I guess." Adrian, still a little shaken up, followed the Watcher Shadow into the forest.